Stylized Statistical Facts of Indonesian Financial Data: Empirical Study of Several Stock Indexes in Indonesia
AbstractThis paper is trying to unveil general statistical characteristic of financial; time series data that is subjected to several financial time series data present in Indonesia, e.g. individual index such as stock price of PT. TELKOM, stock price of PT HM SAMPOERNA, and compiled stock price index (Jakarta Stock Exchange Index). Characteristics that we try to analyze are volatility clustering, truncated Levy distribution, and multifractality feature. This analysis is directed for further works of research in making Indonesian artificial stock exchange that gives representation of micro structure of stock exchange in Indonesia. This paper is a resume of statistic behavior analyzed in top-down to become the ground in starting a more bottom-up analysis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number cond-mat/0403465.
Date of creation: Mar 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
Other versions of this item:
- Hokky Situngkir & Yohanes Surya, 2004. "Stylized Statistical Facts of Indonesian Financial Data: Empirical Study of Several Stock Indexes in Indonesia," Finance 0405005, EconWPA.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Doyne Farmer & Fabrizio Lillo, 2003. "On the origin of power law tails in price fluctuations," Papers cond-mat/0309416, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2004.
- Gaunersdorfer, A. & Hommes, C.H., 2005.
"A nonlinear structural model for volatility clustering,"
CeNDEF Working Papers
05-02, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Gaunersdorfer, A. & Hommes, C.H., 2000. "A Nonlinear Structural Model for Volatility Clustering," CeNDEF Working Papers 00-02, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Bouchaud, Jean-Philippe, 2002. "An introduction to statistical finance," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 313(1), pages 238-251.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 1963. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36, pages 394.
- Giulia Iori, 2000.
"Scaling and Multi-scaling in Financial Markets,"
- Jean-Philippe Bouchaud, 2002. "An introduction to statistical finance," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 313238, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management.
- Situngkir, Hokky, 2006. "Value at Risk yang memperhatikan sifat statistika distribusi return," MPRA Paper 895, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Situngkir, Hokky, 2011.
"Pengertian dari dan untuk ketakmengertian: Social Complexity sebagai cara pandang baru dalam memahami fenomena sosial
[Understanding from and to the inability to understand: Social Complexity as a ," MPRA Paper 30871, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.