Homogenization and asymptotics for small transaction costs: the multidimensional case
AbstractIn the context of the multi-dimensional infinite horizon optimal consumption-investment problem with proportional transaction costs, we provide the first order expansion in small transact costs. Similar to the one-dimensional derivation in our accompanying paper , the asymptotic expansion is expressed in terms of a singular ergodic control problem, and our arguments are based on the theory of viscosity solutions, and the techniques of homogenization which leads to a system of corrector equations. In contrast with the one-dimensional case, no explicit solution of the first corrector equation is available anymore. Finally, we provide some numerical results which illustrate the structure of the first order optimal controls.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1212.6275.
Date of creation: Dec 2012
Date of revision: Jan 2013
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-07 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stefan Gerhold & Johannes Muhle-Karbe & Walter Schachermayer, 2010. "Asymptotics and Duality for the Davis and Norman Problem," Papers 1010.0627, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2011.
- Halil Mete Soner & Guy Barles, 1998. "Option pricing with transaction costs and a nonlinear Black-Scholes equation," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 369-397.
- Karel Janeček & Steven Shreve, 2004. "Asymptotic analysis for optimal investment and consumption with transaction costs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 181-206, 05.
- Magill, Michael J. P. & Constantinides, George M., 1976. "Portfolio selection with transactions costs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 245-263, October.
- H. Mete Soner & Nizar Touzi, 2012. "Homogenization and asymptotics for small transaction costs," Papers 1202.6131, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2013.
- Dumas, Bernard & Luciano, Elisa, 1991. " An Exact Solution to a Dynamic Portfolio Choice Problem under Transactions Costs," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 577-95, June.
- C. Atkinson & S. Mokkhavesa, 2004. "Multi-asset portfolio optimization with transaction cost," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 95-123.
- Constantinides, George M, 1986. "Capital Market Equilibrium with Transaction Costs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 842-62, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.