Set-valued average value at risk and its computation
AbstractNew versions of the set-valued average value at risk for multivariate risks are introduced by generalizing the well-known certainty equivalent representation to the set-valued case. The first "regulator" version is independent from any market model whereas the second version, called the market extension, takes trading opportunities into account. Essential properties of both versions are proven and an algorithmic approach is provided which admits to compute the values of both version over finite probability spaces. Several examples illustrate various features of the theoretical constructions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1202.5702.
Date of creation: Feb 2012
Date of revision: Jan 2013
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elyès Jouini & Moncef Meddeb & Nizar Touzi, 2004.
"Vector-valued Coherent Risk Measures,"
UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Ivar Ekeland & Alfred Galichon, 2012. "Comonotonic measures of multivariate risks," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/5rkqqmvrn4t, Sciences Po.
- Touzi, Nizar & Meddeb, Moncef & Jouini, Elyès, 2004. "Vector-valued Coherent Risk Measures," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/353, Paris Dauphine University.
- Zachary Feinstein & Birgit Rudloff, 2012. "Time consistency of dynamic risk measures in markets with transaction costs," Papers 1201.1483, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2012.
- Stefan Jaschke & Uwe Küchler, 2001. "Coherent risk measures and good-deal bounds," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 181-200.
- Burgert, Christian & Ruschendorf, Ludger, 2006. "Consistent risk measures for portfolio vectors," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 289-297, April.
- Carlo Acerbi & Dirk Tasche, 2001.
"On the coherence of Expected Shortfall,"
cond-mat/0104295, arXiv.org, revised May 2002.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/2278 is not listed on IDEAS
- Henry, Marc & Galichon, Alfred & Ekeland, Ivar, 2012. "Comonotonic Measures of Multivariate Risks," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2278, Paris Dauphine University.
- Y.M. Kabanov, 1999. "Hedging and liquidation under transaction costs in currency markets," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 237-248.
- Zachary Feinstein & Birgit Rudloff, 2013. "A comparison of techniques for dynamic multivariate risk measures," Papers 1305.2151, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2013.
- Walter Farkas & Pablo Koch-Medina & Cosimo-Andrea Munari, 2013. "Multi-asset risk measures," Papers 1308.3331, arXiv.org.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.