On martingale measures and pricing for continuous bond-stock market with stochastic bond
AbstractThis papers addresses the stock option pricing problem in a continuous time market model where there are two stochastic tradable assets, and one of them is selected as a num\'eraire. It is shown that the presence of arbitrarily small stochastic deviations in the evolution of the num\'eraire process causes significant changes in the market properties. In particular, an equivalent martingale measure is not unique for this market, and there are non-replicable claims. The martingale prices and the hedging error can vary significantly and take extreme values, for some extreme choices of the equivalent martingale measures. Some rational choices of the equivalent martingale measures are suggested and discussed, including implied measures calculated from observed bond prices. This allows to calculate the implied market price of risk process.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1108.0719.
Date of creation: Aug 2011
Date of revision: Apr 2014
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-09 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kerry Back, 2010. "Martingale Pricing," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 2(1), pages 235-250, December.
- Cheng, Susan T., 1991. "On the feasibility of arbitrage-based option pricing when stochastic bond price processes are involved," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 185-198, February.
- Benninga, Simon & Björk, Tomas & Wiener, Zvi, 2002. "On the Use of Numeraires in Option pricing," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 484, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Yong-Jin Kim & Naoto Kunitomo, 1999. "Pricing Options under Stochastic Interest Rates: A New Approach," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 49-70, January.
- Nikolai Dokuchaev, 2011. "Option Pricing Via Maximization Over Uncertainty And Correction Of Volatility Smile," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 14(04), pages 507-524.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.