On martingale measures and pricing for continuous bond-stock market with stochastic bond
AbstractThis paper studies pricing of stock options for the case when the evolution of the risk-free assets or bond is stochastic. We show that, in the typical scenario, the martingale measure is not unique, that there are non-replicable claims, and that the martingale prices can vary significantly; for instance, for a European put option, any positive real number is a martingale price for some martingale measure. In addition, the second moment of the hedging error for a strategy calculated via a given martingale measure can take any arbitrary positive value under some equivalent measure. Some reasonable choices of martingale measures are suggested, including a measure that ensures local risk minimizing hedging strategy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by arXiv.org in its series Papers with number 1108.0719.
Date of creation: Aug 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://arxiv.org/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-09 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cheng, Susan T., 1991. "On the feasibility of arbitrage-based option pricing when stochastic bond price processes are involved," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 185-198, February.
- Yong-Jin Kim & Naoto Kunitomo, 1999. "Pricing Options under Stochastic Interest Rates: A New Approach," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 49-70, January.
- Kerry Back, 2010. "Martingale Pricing," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 2(1), pages 235-250, December.
- Benninga, Simon & Björk, Tomas & Wiener, Zvi, 2002. "On the Use of Numeraires in Option pricing," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 484, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Nikolai Dokuchaev, 2011. "Option Pricing Via Maximization Over Uncertainty And Correction Of Volatility Smile," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 14(04), pages 507-524.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.