Évaluation de l’Impact du Dispositif Scellier sur les Prix Fonciers
AbstractThis study examines the effect of the device that allows so-called "Scellier" tax benefits when buying housing for rent. We use counterfactual analysis and the fact that the provision applies only in certain areas to assess the impact of the scheme on land prices. Our estimation method uses difference in difference mobilizing data from the database BNDP between 2004 and 2010. We develop two strategies for the control and treatment groups. The first uses data on both sides of the boundary between affected and unaffected area to the device. The second is based on the decomposition of the control group in percentile in which the temporal evolution before the implementation of the device is most similar to quartiles of treatment. Results show that the device impact the price of building land. This impact may vary from 5 euros to 30 euros per square meter. However, we show that this impact is heterogeneous both structurally and locally.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France in its series AMSE Working Papers with number 1304.
Length: 47 pages
Date of creation: Feb 2013
Date of revision: Feb 2013
Land Price; Private Rental Investment; Scellier Device; Public Policy Evaluation.;
Other versions of this item:
- Pierre-Henri Bono & Alain Trannoy, 2012. "Évaluation de l'Impact du Dispositif Scellier sur les Prix Fonciers," Working Papers halshs-00796188, HAL.
- R28 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Government Policy
- R32 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Other Spatial Production and Pricing Analysis
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-09 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yves Doazan).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.