Beef Producer Choice In Cattle Marketing
AbstractIn addition to the conventional auction method of cattle marketing, alternative marketing arrangements include sale by private treaty, video auction, retained ownership, and use of strategic alliances. This study examines use of alternative marketing arrangements and types of producers using each. Thirty-nine percent of producers used alternative arrangements.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its series 2004 Annual Meeting, February 14-18, 2004, Tulsa, Oklahoma with number 34792.
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Williams, Brian R. & Raper, Kellie Curry & DeVuyst, Eric A. & Peel, Derrell S. & Lalman, David L. & Richards, Chris & Doye, Damona G., 2012. "Demographic Factors Affecting the Adoption of Multiple Value-Added Practices by Oklahoma Cow-Calf Producers," 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama 119743, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Zimmerman, Lance C. & Schroeder, Ted C. & Dhuyvetter, Kevin C. & Olson, K.C. & Stokka, Gerald L. & Seeger, Jon T. & Grotelueschen, Dale M., 2012. "The Effect of Value-Added Management on Calf Prices at Superior Livestock Auction Video Markets," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 37(1), April.
- repec:ags:jrapmc:122317 is not listed on IDEAS
- Franken, Jason R.V. & Parcell, Joseph L. & Patterson, David J. & Smith, Michael F. & Poock, Scott, . "Cow-Calf Producer Interest in Retained Ownership," Journal of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia.
- Martin, Beutler & Fausti, Scott & Qasmi, Bashir, 2006. "Perspectives of Cow/Calf Producers in the Dakotas - Marketing Channel Selection," Issue Briefs 2006479, South Dakota State University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.