Staple food prices in Kenya
AbstractPrepared for the COMESA policy seminar on “Variation in staple food prices: Causes, consequence, and policy options”, Maputo, Mozambique, 25-26 January 2010 under the Comesa-MSU-IFPRI African Agricultural Marketing Project (AAMP)
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics in its series Food Security Collaborative Working Papers with number 58559.
Date of creation: Jan 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Justin S. Morrill Hall of Agriculture, 446 West Circle Dr., Rm 202, East Lansing, MI 48824-1039
Phone: (517) 355-4563
Fax: (517) 432-1800
Web page: http://www.aec.msu.edu/agecon/
More information through EDIRC
Kenya; food security; food prices; Agricultural and Food Policy; Food Security and Poverty; International Development; International Relations/Trade; q11; q13; q18;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chapoto, Antony & Jayne, Thomas S., 2009. "The Impacts of Trade Barriers and Market Interventions on Maize Price Predictability: Evidence from Eastern and Southern Africa," Food Security International Development Working Papers 56798, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Ariga, Joshua & Jayne, Thomas S., 2009. "Private sector responses to public investments and policy reforms: The case of fertilizer and maize market development in Kenya," IFPRI discussion papers 921, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- T. S. Jayne & Robert J. Myers & James Nyoro, 2008. "The effects of NCPB marketing policies on maize market prices in Kenya," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 38(3), pages 313-325, 05.
- Nyoro, James K. & Kiiru, M.W. & Jayne, Thomas S., 1999. "Evolution of Kenya's Maize Marketing Systems in the Post-liberalization Era," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 55148, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Muyanga, Milu & Jayne, Thomas S. & Argwings-Kodhek, Gem & Ariga, Joshua, 2005. "Staple Food Consumption Patterns in Urban Kenya: Trends and Policy Implications," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 55163, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Nyoro, James K. & Kirimi, Lilian & Jayne, Thomas S., 2004. "Competitiveness of Kenyan and Ugandan Maize Production: Challenges for the Future," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 55158, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Maitre d'Hotel, Elodie & le Cotty, Tristan & Jayne, Thomas S., 2012.
"Is A Public Regulation Of Food Price Volatility Feasible In Africa? An Arch Approach In Kenya,"
123rd Seminar, February 23-24, 2012, Dublin, Ireland
122551, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Elodie Maître D'Hôtel & Tristan Le Cotty & Thomas Jayne, 2012. "Is a public regulation of food price volatility feasible in Africa? An arch approach in Kenya," Post-Print hal-00801361, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.