Direct Payments And Their Impact On The Land Market In Poland
AbstractThe article makes an attempt to answer the question: how direct payments affected the land market in Poland? The first part of the article explains the theoretical aspects of direct payments as an instrument of agricultural policy and their prospective effectiveness. Also the special character of the solutions adopted by Poland in relation with the use of this instrument was shown. The second part presents the main problems of the land market in Poland, taking into account both the supply and the demand factors of this market. The third part concentrates on searching for the cause-effect relations between the direct subsidies and the changes in the land market in Poland. They suggest, among others, that the forecasts regarding the retaining of land in households have been confirmed in practice.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Association of Agricultural Economists in its series 109th Seminar, November 20-21, 2008, Viterbo, Italy with number 44807.
Date of creation: 12 Nov 2008
Date of revision:
Direct Payments; Land Market; Agriculture Policy; Structure of Agriculture; Agricultural and Food Policy; Q10; Q15; Q18.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-11-25 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-TRA-2008-11-25 (Transition Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Puddu,Marco & Bartolini, Fabio & Viaggi,Davide, 2012.
"Simulation of Land Use and Investment Behaviour under Different Policy Scenarios: Results of the extended farm/household model,"
Factor Markets Working Papers
132, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Puddu, Marco & Bartolini, Fabio & Viaggi, Davide, 2012. "Simulation of Land Use and Investment Behaviour under Different Policy Scenarios: Results of the extended farm/household model," Working Papers 127979, Factor Markets, Centre for European Policy Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.