La Valutazione dei Servizi Ecosistemici. Proposta per un Approccio Termoeconomico
AbstractThe main objective of this communication is to review the theoretical ecosystem and agroecosystem services assessment’s methods and to propose a thermoeconomic approach. The logic of thermoeconomic approach consists in analysing the use of natural resources during the production process, interpreting it as a thermodynamic conversion in order to assess the overall specific energy consumption of the systemic components arriving at estimates of fluxes and energy costs. This study analyses comparatively the main thermoeconomic-based approaches to verify the feasibility of the "energy value" as an appraisal criterion of agroecosystem services. In particularly among the reviewed approaches the Emergy synthesis seems the most appropriate tool to be empirically applied on the study of agricultural systems even at the farm level, and this in particular taking into account the new architecture of the database of the Italian FADN, although they are complementary tools to traditional methods of decision analysis.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA) in its series Congress Papers with number 124123.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
thermoeconomic approach; agroecosystem services; exergy; emergy; environmental accounting; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy; Q56; Q57;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sagoff, Mark, 2011. "The quantification and valuation of ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 497-502, January.
- Daly, Herman E., 1990. "Toward some operational principles of sustainable development," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-6, April.
- Heal, Geoffrey M. & Small, Arthur A., 2002. "Agriculture and ecosystem services," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, in: B. L. Gardner & G. C. Rausser (ed.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 25, pages 1341-1341 Elsevier.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.