Technical Efficiency Of Grain Production In Ukraine
AbstractA stochastic grain production frontier model is estimated on a representative sample of Ukrainian state farms. Technical inefficiency effects are modeled as a function of workforce composition, other farm-specific variables, and time. Technical inefficiency increased over time. Investment in farm infrastructure is associated with higher levels of technical efficiency.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association) in its series 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT with number 20974.
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Lyubov A. Kurkalova & Helen H. Jensen, 2000. "Technical Efficiency of Grain Production in Ukraine," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 00-wp250, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Csaki, Csaba & Lerman, Zvi, 1997. "Land Reform and Farm Restructuring in East Central Europe and CIS in the 1990s: Expectations and Achievements after the First Five Years," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 24(3-4), pages 428-52.
- Brada, Josef C & King, Arthur E, 1993. "Is Private Farming More Efficient Than Socialized Agriculture?," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 60(237), pages 41-56, February.
- Coelli, T. J., 1995.
"Recent Developments in Frontier Modelling and Efficiency Measurement,"
1995 Conference (39th), February 14-16, 1995, Perth, Australia
148798, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Coelli, Tim J., 1995. "Recent Developments In Frontier Modelling And Efficiency Measurement," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 39(03), December.
- Tim J. Coelli, 1995. "Recent Developments In Frontier Modelling And Efficiency Measurement," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 39(3), pages 219-245, December.
- Battese, George E., 1992. "Frontier production functions and technical efficiency: a survey of empirical applications in agricultural economics," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 7(3-4), pages 185-208, October.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-32.
- Schultz, Theodore W, 1975. "The Value of the Ability to Deal with Disequilibria," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 827-46, September.
- Johnson, Stanley R. & Bouzaher, Aziz & Carriquiry, Alicia L. & Jensen, Helen H. & Lakshminarayan, P. G., 1994. "Production Efficiency and Agricultural Reform in Ukraine," Staff General Research Papers 757, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Gregory J Brock, 1994. "Agricultural Productivity in Volgograd Province*," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 36(1), pages 33-53, April.
- Lissitsa, Alexej & Odening, Martin, 2001. "Effizienz und totale Faktor-produktivitat in der ukrainischen Landwirtschaft im Transformationsprozess," Working Paper Series 7391, Humboldt University Berlin, Department Agricultural Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.