Estimating Returns Under Standard Reinsurance Agreement
AbstractThe present paper describes the assumptions and modeling structure behind the SRA simulator, a user-friendly computer program developed in cooperation with RMA as a tool to assist policymakers in assessing the economic impact of the Standard Reinsurance Agreement. The simulator uses the historical data on yields, prices, and insurance losses for each district, crop, and insurance product in order to simulate a distribution of the book of business resulting from underwriting crop insurance either in aggregate or for a specific company.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association) in its series 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA with number 19720.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mason, Chuck & Hayes, Dermot J. & Lence, Sergio H., 2001.
"Systemic Risk In U.S. Crop And Revenue Insurance Programs,"
Proceedings: 2001 Regional Committee NC-221, October 1-2, 2001, McLean, Virginia
132389, Regional Research Committee NC-1014: Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition.
- Mason, C. & Hayes, Dermot J. & Lence, Sergio H., 2001. "Systemic Risk in U.S. Crop and Revenue Insurance Programs," Staff General Research Papers 11396, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Chuck Mason & Dermot J. Hayes & Sergio H. Lence, 2001. "Systemic Risk in U.S. Crop and Revenue Insurance Programs," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 01-wp266, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Mario J. Miranda & Joseph W. Glauber, 1997. "Systemic Risk, Reinsurance, and the Failure of Crop Insurance Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 206-215.
- Barry K. Goodwin & Alan P. Ker, 1998. "Nonparametric Estimation of Crop Yield Distributions: Implications for Rating Group-Risk Crop Insurance Contracts," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(1), pages 139-153.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.