Report NEP-HIS-2012-03-28This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- JÃ¶rg Baten & Johan Fourie, 2012. "Slave numeracy in the Cape Colony and comparative development in the eighteenth century," Working Papers 270, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Ma, Debin, 2012. "Political Institution and Long Run Economic Trajectory: Some Lessons from Two Millennia of Chinese Civilization," CEPR Discussion Papers 8791, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Federico, Giovanni & Wolf, Nikolaus, 2012. "Italy’s Comparative Advantage: A Long-Run Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 8758, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Haveman, Heather A. & Habinek, Jacob & Goodman, Leo A., 2011. "Who Are the Entrepreneurs: The Elite or Everyman?," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt392635v2, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Keller, Wolfgang & Li, Ben & Shiue, Carol Hua, 2012. "Shanghai’s Trade, China’s Growth: Continuity, Recovery, and Change since the Opium War," CEPR Discussion Papers 8808, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Guiso, Luigi & Pinotti, Paolo, 2012. "Democratization and Civic Capital," CEPR Discussion Papers 8847, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Antoine Gentier & Giuseppina Gianfreda & Nathalie Janson, 2011. "Rent Dissipation or Government Predation? The Notes Issuance Activity in Italy 1865-1882," CAE Working Papers 88, Aix-Marseille Université, CERGAM.
- Belliveau, Stefan, 2012. "Stability in long-term growth : evidence for a single deterministic trend in Germany (1870-1989)," MPRA Paper 37511, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Diego Restuccia & Guillaume Vandenbroucke, 2012. "A Century of Human Capital and Hours," Working Papers tecipa-450, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Besley, Timothy J. & Reynal-Querol, Marta, 2012. "The Legacy of Historical Conflict: Evidence from Africa," CEPR Discussion Papers 8850, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 2012. "A Series of Unfortunate Events: Common Sequencing Patterns in Financial Crises," CEPR Discussion Papers 8742, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Wu, Harry X., 2011. "Rethinking China.s Path of Industrialization," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Patricia A. Pelfrey, 2011. "ONE UNIVERSITY: The Evolution of an Idea," University of California at Berkeley, Center for Studies in Higher Education qt2jj503kf, Center for Studies in Higher Education, UC Berkeley.
- Karlsson, Martin & Nilsson, Therese & Pichler, Stefan, 2012. "What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger? The Impact of the 1918 Spanish Flu Epidemic on Economic Performance in Sweden," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 57149, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
- Luca Barbone & Richard Bird & Jaime VÃ¡zquez Caro, 2012. "The Costs of VAT: A Review of the Literature," CASE Network Reports 0106, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Ulises García Repetto, 2011. "El financiamiento de la seguridad social en el Uruguay (1896-2008): una aproximación a su análisis en el largo plazo," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 11-09, Instituto de Economía - IECON.
- Washington, Michelle & Barnes, Richard L & Glantz, Stanton, 2011. "Chipping Away at Tobacco Traditions in Tobacco Country: Tobacco Industry Political Influence and Tobacco Policy Making in North Carolina 1969-2011," University of California at San Francisco, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education qt7kc398r4, Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, UC San Francisco.