Report NEP-FOR-2010-10-16This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Todd E. Clark & Michael W. McCracken, 2010. "Reality checks and nested forecast model comparisons," Working Papers 2010-032, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Buchen, Teresa & Wohlrabe, Klaus, 2010. "Forecasting with many predictors - Is boosting a viable alternative?," Discussion Papers in Economics 11788, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Todd E. Clark & Michael W. McCracken, 2010. "Testing for unconditional predictive ability," Working Papers 2010-031, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Croux, Christophe & Fried, R. & Gijbels, Irène & Mahieu, Koen, 2010. "Robust forecasting of non-stationary time series," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/277099, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Christian Dreger & Konstantin A. Kholodilin, 2010. "Forecasting Private Consumption by Consumer Surveys," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1066, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Madeleine Andreff & Wladimir Andreff, 2010. "Economic Prediction of Sport Performances: From Beijing Olympics to 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa," Working Papers 1008, International Association of Sports Economists & North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Mico Mrkaic, 2010. "Data Dissemination Standards and the Statistical Quality of the IMFâ€™s World Economic Outlook Forecasts," IMF Working Papers 10/203, International Monetary Fund.
- Maximo Camacho & Rafael Domenech, 2010. "MICA-BBVA. A Factor Model of Economic and Financial Indicators for Short-term GDP Forecasting," Working Papers 1021, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Alexander W. Hoffmaister & Jens R. Clausen, 2010. "Cyclical Behavior of Inventories and Growth Projections Recent Evidence from Europe and the United States," IMF Working Papers 10/212, International Monetary Fund.
- Daniel L. Thornton & Giorgio Valente, 2010. "Predicting bond excess returns with forward rates: an asset-allocation perspective," Working Papers 2010-034, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Manabu Asai & Michael McAleer & Marcelo C. Medeiros, 2010. "Asymmetry and Long Memory in Volatility Modelling," Working Papers in Economics 10/60, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- N. Vijayamohanan Pillai, 2010. "Electricity Demand Analysis and Forecasting- The Tradition is Questioned," Working Papers id:2966, eSocialSciences.
- Zafer Dilaver & Lester C Hunt, 2010. "Industrial Electricity Demand for Turkey: A Structural Time Series Analysis," Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics Discussion Papers (SEEDS) 129, Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Kostas Mouratidis & Dimitris Kenourgios & Aris Samitas, 2010. "Evaluating currency crisis:A multivariate Markov switching approach," Working Papers 2010018, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2010.
- Richard S. Ruback, 2010. "Valuation when Cash Flow Forecasts are Biased," Harvard Business School Working Papers 11-036, Harvard Business School.
- Reginald Darius, 2010. "Can Global Liquidity Forecast Asset Prices?," IMF Working Papers 10/196, International Monetary Fund.