Report NEP-FOR-2009-03-14This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Guillermo Benavides & Carlos Capistrán, 2009. "Forecasting Exchange Rate Volatility: The Superior Performance of Conditional Combinations of Time Series and Option Implied Forecasts," Working Papers 2009-01, Banco de México.
- Ragacs, Christian & Schneider, Martin, 2009. "Why did we fail to predict GDP during the last cycle? A breakdown of forecast errors for Austria," Working Papers 151, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Carlos Capistrán & Gabriel López-Moctezuma, 2008. "Experts´ Macroeconomics Expectations: An Evaluation of Mexican Short-Run Forecasts," Working Papers 2008-11, Banco de México.
- Kerstin Bernoth & Andreas Pick, 2009. "Forecasting the fragility of the banking and insurance sector," DNB Working Papers 202, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Lucia Alessi & Matteo Barigozzi & Marco Capasso, 2009. "Forecasting Large Datasets with Conditionally Heteroskedastic Dynamic Common Factors," Working Papers ECARES 2009_005, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Konstantinos Nikolopoulos & Dimitrios Thomakos & Fotios Petropoulos & Vassilis Assimakopoulos, 2009. "Theta Model Forecasts for Financial Time Series: A Case Study in the S&P500," Working Papers 0033, University of Peloponnese, Department of Economics.
- Dimitrios Thomakos & Konstantinos Nikolopoulos, 2009. "The Theta Model in the Presence of a Unit Root Some new results on “optimal” theta forecasts," Working Papers 0034, University of Peloponnese, Department of Economics.
- Isao Ishida & Toshiaki Watanabe, 2009. "Modeling and Forecasting the Volatility of the Nikkei 225 Realized Volatility Using the ARFIMA-GARCH Model," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-608, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Contini, Bruno, 2009. "Forecasting Errors: Yet More Problems for Identification?," IZA Discussion Papers 4035, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Roberto Patuelli & Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp & Norbert Schanne, 2009. "Neural Networks for Cross-Sectional Employment Forecasts: A Comparison of Model Specifications for Germany," Quaderni della facoltÃ di Scienze economiche dell'UniversitÃ di Lugano 0903, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Rangan Gupta & Stephen M. Miller, 2009. "The Time-Series Properties of Housing Prices: A Case Study of the Southern California Market," Working Papers 200908, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Ibrahim, Mohammed & Florkowski, Wojciech J., 2009. "Forecasting Price Relationships among U.S Tree Nuts Prices," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 47212, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Gogas, Periklis & Chionis, Dionisios & Pragkidis, Ioannis, 2009. "Predicting European Union recessions in the euro era: The yield curve as a forecasting tool of economic activity," MPRA Paper 13911, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jaba Ghonghadze & Thomas Lux, 2009. "Modeling the Dynamics of EU Economic Sentiment Indicators: An Interaction-Based Approach," Kiel Working Papers 1487, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.