Introduction to "Health and Welfare during Industrialization"
In: Health and Welfare during Industrialization
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Chapters with number 7426.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dorothee Crayen & Joerg Baten, 2010. "New evidence and new methods to measure human capital inequality before and during the industrial revolution: France and the US in the seventeenth to nineteenth centuries," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 63(2), pages 452-478, 05.
- Baten, Joerg & Pelger, Ines & Twrdek, Linda, 2009. "The anthropometric history of Argentina, Brazil and Peru during the 19th and early 20th century," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 319-333, December.
- John Murray, 2000. "Marital protection and marital selection: Evidence from a historical-prospective sample of American men," Demography, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 511-521, November.
- Schoch, Tobias & Staub, Kaspar & Pfister, Christian, 2012. "Social inequality and the biological standard of living: An anthropometric analysis of Swiss conscription data, 1875–1950," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 154-173.
- Janet Currie & Tom Vogl, 2012.
"Early-Life Health and Adult Circumstance in Developing Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
18371, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Janet Currie & Tom Vogl, 2013. "Early-Life Health and Adult Circumstance in Developing Countries," Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 5(1), pages 1-36, 05.
- Janet Currie & Tom Vogl, 2012. "Early-Life Health and Adult Circumstance in Developing Countries," Working Papers 1454, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Nicholas Crafts, 2000. "Development history," Economic History Working Papers 22384, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Dora L. Costa, 2000.
"Understanding Mid-Life and Older Age Mortality Declines: Evidence from Union Army Veterans,"
NBER Working Papers
8000, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Costa, Dora L., 2003. "Understanding mid-life and older age mortality declines: evidence from Union Army veterans," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 175-192, January.
- Pradhan, Menno & Sahn, David E. & Younger, Stephen D., 2003.
"Decomposing world health inequality,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 271-293, March.
- Leandro Prados de la Escosura, 2013.
"World human development : 1870-2007,"
Working Papers in Economic History
wp13-01, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Historia Económica e Instituciones.
- Alston, Julian M. & Pardey, Philip G., 2014. "Agricultural R&D, Food Prices, Poverty and Malnutrition Redux," Staff Papers 162413, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Steckel, Richard H., 2009.
"Heights and human welfare: Recent developments and new directions,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Richard H. Steckel, 2008. "Heights and Human Welfare: Recent Developments and New Directions," NBER Working Papers 14536, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maya Federman & David I. Levine, 2004.
"Does Industrialization = "Development"? The Effects of Industrialization on School Enrollment and Youth Employment in Indonesia,"
Development and Comp Systems
- Federman, Maya & Levine, David I., 2003. "Does Industrialization = "Development"? The Effects of Industrialization on School Enrollment and Youth Employment in Indonesia," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt3t10238h, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Salvatore, Ricardo D., 2004. "Stature decline and recovery in a food-rich export economy: Argentina 1900-1934," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 233-255, July.
- Andrea Brandolini & Giovanni Vecchi, 2011. "The Well-Being of Italians: A Comparative Historical Approach," Quaderni di storia economica (Economic History Working Papers) 19, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Nicholas Crafts, 1999. "Quantitative economic history," Economic History Working Papers 22390, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- David Meredith & Deborah Oxley, 2013. "Blood and Bone: Body Mass, Gender and Health Inequality in 19th Century British Families," Oxford University Economic and Social History Series _118, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.