Monetary Policy Regimes and Economic Performance: The Historical Record, 1979-2008
In: Handbook of Monetary Economics
AbstractThis chapter updates the Bordo and Schwartz chapter in Volume 1A of the Handbook of Macroeconomics to 2008.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
This chapter was published in:
This item is provided by Elsevier in its series Handbook of Monetary Economics with number 3-21.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/bookseriesdescription.cws_home/BS_HE/description
Monetary Regime; Inflation Target; Financial Stability; Great Moderation; European Monetary Union;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E0 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric Monnet, 2012. "Monetary policy without interest rates. Evidence from France’s Golden Age (1948-1973) using a narrative approach," Working Papers 0032, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Benati, Luca, 2010. "Are policy counterfactuals based on structural VAR's reliable?," Working Paper Series 1188, European Central Bank.
- Stephan Fahr & Roberto Motto & Massimo Rostagno & Frank Smets & Oreste Tristani, 2011. "Lessons for monetary policy strategies from the recent past," Chapters, European Central Bank.
- Schenkelberg, Heike & Watzka, Sebastian, 2013. "Real effects of quantitative easing at the zero lower bound: Structural VAR-based evidence from Japan," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 327-357.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.