The World Bank Annual Report 2007
AbstractThis World Bank annual report focuses on the work of the World Bank Group as it relates to countries and people striving to overcome poverty in all regions, especially in Africa. The World Bank Group is working with partners on more than 620 projects: to give both boys and girls a chance to learn; offer health services to those in need of care; promote the development of the private sector so as to put local savings to work creating jobs and property for the poor; and build infrastructure and secure, sustainable energy resources that are prerequisites for growth. This report also highlights the World Bank's work to strengthen governance, institutions, and the rule of law so people have a fair opportunity to forge a future for their families and countries. Regional perspectives are reviewed, through a breakdown of the Bank's lending and activities across the developing world, featuring highlights of projects in borrowing countries within each of the Bank's six regions. The report gives the fiscal year activities and gives a description of the Bank's development knowledge-sharing over the fiscal year 2007; a discussion of the Bank's approach to lending in low income, and middle-income countries; the Bank's resources; and a summary of the Bank's lending by region, theme, and sector, such as environmental programs and infrastructure projects. This section also describes the Bank's partnerships with public, private, and civil society stakeholders. The fiscal 2007 financial statements, organizational information, income by region, new operations approved in fiscal 2007 are given in this report.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by The World Bank in its series World Bank Publications with number 7534 and published in 2007.
Banks and Banking Reform Finance and Financial Sector Development - Debt Markets Private Sector Development - Emerging Markets Environmental Economics and Policies Environment;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Busaya Virakul & Kalayanee Koonmee & Gary N. McLean, 2009. "CSR activities in award-winning Thai companies," Social Responsibility Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(2), pages 178-199, June.
- Milazzo, Annamaria & Grosh, Margaret, 2008. "Social safety nets in World Bank lending and analytical work : FY2002 - 2007," Social Protection Discussion Papers 44730, The World Bank.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Pablo Vega-García, 2014. "Varieties of Sovereign Crises: Latin America 1820-1931," NBER Working Papers 20042, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jens Großer & Ernesto Reuben, 2009.
"Redistributive Politics and Market Efficiency: An Experimental Study,"
Working Paper Series in Economics
44, University of Cologne, Department of Economics.
- Großer, Jens & Reuben, Ernesto, 2013. "Redistribution and market efficiency: An experimental study," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 39-52.
- Großer, Jens & Reuben, Ernesto, 2009. "Redistributive Politics and Market Efficiency: An Experimental Study," IZA Discussion Papers 4549, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- World Bank, 2009. "Reform of China's Rural Credit Unions : Policy Note," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12719, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.