Reforming China's Rural Health System
AbstractThis book began in 2003 during the initial formulations of China's 11th five-year plan, which covers the period 2006-10. During the entire period, the rural health Analytic and Advisory Activities (AAA) team analyzed the sector and debated reform options with government officials and scholars. It is helped the government in its extensive reform efforts over the past few years. The publication can serve two important functions: to provide an analytical framework for thinking about what happened in China's rural health system and why, and to present a global perspective on the options for further strengthening the sector. China is well on its way to achieving a modern, equitable, and well-functioning rural health sector, but this is not an easy task for any country. This book can provide a useful reference for policy makers in the next phase of health reform and beyond.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by The World Bank in its series World Bank Publications with number 2646 and published in 2009.
Health; Nutrition and Population - Population Policies Health; Nutrition and Population - Health Economics & Finance Health; Nutrition and Population - Health Monitoring and Evaluation Health; Nutrition and Population - Health Systems Development & Reform Health; Nutrition and Population - Disease Control & Prevention Health; Nutrition and Population;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baeten, Steef & Van Ourti, Tom & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 2013.
"Rising inequalities in income and health in China: Who is left behind?,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1214-1229.
- Steef Baeten & Tom Van Ourti & Eddy Van Doorslaer, 2012. "Rising Inequalities in Income and Health in China: Who is left behind?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers, Tinbergen Institute 12-091/V, Tinbergen Institute.
- Audibert, Martine & Mathonnat, Jacky & Pelissier, Aurore & Huang, Xiao Xian & Ma, Anning, 2013.
"Health insurance reform and efficiency of township hospitals in rural China: An analysis from survey data,"
China Economic Review, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 326-338.
- Xiao Xian HUANG & Aurore PELISSIER & Jacky MATHONNAT & Martine AUDIBERT & Anning MA, 2011. "Health Insurance Reform and Efficiency of Township Hospitals in Rural China: An Analysis from Survey Data," Working Papers, CERDI 201111, CERDI.
- Martine Audibert & Xiao Xian Huang & Jacky Mathonnat & Aurore Pelissier & Anning Ma, 2012. "Health Insurance Reform and Efficiency of Township Hospitals in Rural China: An Analysis from Survey Data," Working Papers, HAL halshs-00587799, HAL.
- Adam Wagstaff & Winnie Yip & Magnus Lindelow & William C. Hsiao, 2009. "China's health system and its reform: a review of recent studies," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(S2), pages S7-S23, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.