Australian and New Zealand Competition and Consumer Protection Regimes
AbstractThe Productivity Commission's final research report responds to a request by the Treasurer, on behalf of the Australian and New Zealand Governments. The objective of the study has been to examine the potential to improve the trans-Tasman business environment through greater coordination, cooperation and integration of the Australian and New Zealand consumer protection and competition policy and law for the purpose of facilitating an integrated economic market. The research report was publicly released in January 2005. The Productivity Commission has recommended a package of measures to enhance cooperation between Australia and New Zealand in relation to their competition and consumer protection regimes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Productivity Commission, Government of Australia in its series Research Reports with number 15 and published in 2005.
ISBN: 1 74037 164 X
Note: 215 pages
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Level 28, 35 Collins St, Melbourne Victoria 3000
Phone: 61 3 9653 2100
Fax: 61 3 9653 2199
Web page: http://www.pc.gov.au/
More information through EDIRC
competition policy; consumer protection; trans-tasman;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- K21 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Antitrust Law
- K33 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - International Law
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
- L42 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Vertical Restraints; Resale Price Maintenance; Quantity Discounts
- D18 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Protection
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (MAPS).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.