The New European Economy Revisited
AbstractThe New European Economy Revisited examines the political economy of the European Union and the process of economic integration in Western Europe. It identifies the distinguishing features of this new European economy and the main challenges for the future. The text contains a full discussion of the enlargement of the EU and its recent incorporation of new nations. It examines aspects of this enlargement in a new chapter on regional and structural issues, with a complete explanation of EU regional policy. In addition, the coverage of monetary union issues is fully revised to include events up to the end of 1996, and provides a considered analysis of the probability of monetary union and its likely timescale. Finally, a new section on EU social policy enables students to receive an introduction to an increasingly important aspect of the EU impact on the lives of its citizens. It will be essential reading for students of European studies, European economics, or European politics, as well as practitioners and anyone interested in the future of Europe.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780198774778 and published in 1997.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- George Stubos & Ioannis Tsikripis, 2005. "Regional Integration Challenges in South East Europe: Banking Sector Trends," Working Papers 24, Bank of Greece.
- Oltheten, Elisabeth & Pinteris, George & Sougiannis, Theodore, 2003. "Greece in the European Union: policy lessons from two decades of membership," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 774-806.
- Kowalski, Tadeusz & Kowalski, Pawel & Wihlborg, Clas, 2007. "Poland. The EMU entry strategy vs. the monetary issues," MPRA Paper 42599, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Vladimir Gligorov & Mary Kaldor & Loukas Tsoukalis, 1999. "Balkan Reconstruction and European Integration," The wiiw Balkan Observatory Working Papers 001, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.