Accelerating Growth and Job Creation in South Asia
AbstractSouth Asia remains home to the world's largest number of poor. There are also substantial disparities between countries. This, combined with the ongoing recession in economies the world over, raises new concerns about the challenges that confront governments and analysts today. This book analyses the types of policies and institutions that could propel South Asia towards higher growth, while also promoting growth inclusiveness to address the inequality concerns. The analysis of the book is an outcome of a high-level dialogue on growth between the private sector, political leadership, policymakers, and academics in South Asia. The volume is organized along three themes-overview of South Asia's growth opportunities and challenges; sources of growth and policies; and the role of regional cooperation in promoting growth.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780198060048 and published in 2009.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ghani, Ejaz & Iyer, Lakshmi, 2010.
"Conflict and Development—Lessons from South Asia,"
World Bank - Economic Premise,
The World Bank, issue 31, pages 1-8, September.
- Ejaz Ghani & Lakshmi Iyer, 2010. "Conflict and Development : Lessons from South Asia," World Bank Other Operational Studies 10157, The World Bank.
- De, Prabir & Raihan, Selim & Kathuria, Sanjay, 2012. "Unlocking Bangladesh-India trade : emerging potential and the way forward," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6155, The World Bank.
- Dutz, Mark A. & O'Connell, Stephen D., 2013. "Productivity, innovation and growth in Sri Lanka : an empirical investigation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6354, The World Bank.
- Iqbal, Muhammad & Amjad, Rashid, 2010. "Food security in South Asia: strategies and programmes for regional collaboration," MPRA Paper 38077, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.