Analysis of the Economic Employment and Social Profile of the Greater Dublin Region
AbstractThis study was jointly sponsored by the three regional authorities operating in Dublin. It looks at the settlement patterns and distribution of economic activity in the region utilising new data including a comprehensive database of firms. It produced new data on commuting patterns showing that significant commuting to the city is now occurring from locations as much as 60 miles away. The study makes policy recommendations regarding clustering of settlement, urban density and other matters.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI) in its series Research Series with number BMI161 and published in 2005.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bergin, Adele & Cullen, Joe & Duffy, David & FitzGerald, John & Kearney, Ide & McCoy, Daniel, 2003. "Medium-Term Review 2003-2010, No. 9," Forecasting Report, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number MTR09, March.
- FitzGerald, John & Kearney, Ide & Morgenroth, Edgar & Smyth, Diarmaid, 1999. "National Investment Priorities For The Period 2000-2006," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number PRS33.
- Edgar Morgenroth, 2002. "Commuting in Ireland: An Analysis of Inter-County Commuting Flows," Papers WP144, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Fahey, Tony & Russell, Helen, 2001. "Family Formation in Ireland Trends, Data Needs and Implications: Report to Family Affairs Unit, Department of Social, Community and Family Affairs," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number PRS43.
- Edgar Morgenroth, 2006. "Economic Integration and Structural Change: The Case of Irish Regions," Papers WP176, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Edgar Morgenroth, 2002. "Evaluating Methods for Short to Medium Term County Population Forecasting," Papers WP143, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sarah Burns).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.