The European Monetary System
AbstractThe European Monetary System (EMS) has, since its inception in 1979, provided a fascinating example of policy co-ordination in practice. As concern about exchange-rate instability and global economic imbalances has grown, both academic researchers and policy-makers have looked to the EMS for lessons about co-operation on a wider scale. This volume contains the papers and proceedings of an October 1987 conference organised by the Centre for Economic Policy Research in co-operation with the Banca d'Italia and the Centro Interuniversitario di Studi Teorici per la Politica Economica (STEP). The conference brought together distinguished academics and practitioners from eleven European central banks. The papers offer a timely summary of current research, while the concluding panel discussion provides a valuable perspective on the concerns of policy-makers. This will be the definitive publication on the EMS for some years to come, and hence a basic reference for anyone interested in the international monetary system and policy co-ordination.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Cambridge University Press in its series Cambridge Books with number 9780521389051 and published in 1989.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cambridge.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Favero, Carlo A & Giavazzi, Francesco & Iacone, Fabrizio & Tabellini, Guido, 1997.
"Extracting Information from Asset Prices: The Methodology of EMU Calculators,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1676, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Favero, Carlo A. & Giavazzi, Francesco & Iacone, Fabrizio & Guido Tabellini, 2000. "Extracting information from asset prices: The methodology of EMU calculators," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(9), pages 1607-1632, October.
- Carlo A. Favero & Francesco Giavazzi & Fabrizio Iacone & Guido Tabellini, . "Extracting Information from Asset Prices: the Methodology of EMU Calculators," Working Papers 113, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Susan M. Collins & Francesco Giavazzi, 1993.
"Attitudes toward Inflation and the Viability of Fixed Exchange Rates: Evidence from the EMS,"
in: A Retrospective on the Bretton Woods System: Lessons for International Monetary Reform, pages 547-586
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Collins, S.M. & Giavazzi, F., 1992. "Attitudes Towards Inflation and the Viability of Fixed Exchange Rates: Evidence from the EMS," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1592, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Susan M. Collins & Francesco Giavazzi, 1992. "Attitudes Towards Inflation and the Viability of Fixed Exchange Rates: Evidence From the EMS," NBER Working Papers 4057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles Wyplosz, 1997.
"EMU: Why and How It Might Happen,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 11(4), pages 3-21, Fall.
- Flood, Robert P. & Rose, Andrew K. & Mathieson, Donald J., 1991.
"An empirical exploration of exchange-rate target-zones,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 7-65, January.
- Robert P. Flood & Andrew K. Rose & Donald J. Mathieson, 1990. "An Empirical Exploration of Exchange Rate Target-Zones," NBER Working Papers 3543, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Donald J. Mathieson & Robert P. Flood & Andrew K. Rose, 1991. "An Empirical Exploration of Exchange Rate Target-Zones," IMF Working Papers 91/15, International Monetary Fund.
- Andrew Hughes-Hallett & Patrick Minford, 1990. "Target zones and exchange rate management: A stability analysis of the European Monetary System," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 175-200, June.
- Robert P. Flood & Andrew K. Rose & Donald J. Mathieson, 1990. "Is the EMS the perfect fix? An empirical exploration of exchange rate target zones," International Finance Discussion Papers 388, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Austin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.