HRM in Transition in Croatian Subsidiaries of MNCs in Line with Central And Eastern European Survey
AbstractThe Central and Eastern European International Research Team (hereafter CEEIRT) – composed of researchers from universities from the Central and Eastern European Region has developed a model of human resource management practices in the subsidiaries of multinational corporations in CEE Region. This model was used to explore and describe the changes of key HR variables in the light of different fi rm specifi c factors. The model was equally applied across the SEE Region and in research have been included 12 countries and 286 subsidiaries of foreign owned companies. Based on this model, an interview and on-line survey of top level HR executives at 10 subsidiaries of large multinational companies in Croatia and at 276 executives in other CEE countries was completed. The paper describes how these practices and roles have developed in response to the sweeping economic changes within the region and points out the expectations of practitioners for the future. According to the model applied, the research has covered the most important organizational and economic characteristics of the MNC subsidiaries in Croatia, key indicators of the HR function, the most important HR characteristics of the period examined, knowledge management in the fi eld of HR including main directions, methods and characteristics of knowledge fl ows, and fi nally, the future of HR describing the most signifi cant changes from a HR point of view occurring in the next period.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb in its journal Zagreb International Review of Economics and Business.
Volume (Year): 15 (2012)
Issue (Month): Special Conference Issue (December)
Postal: Zagreb International Review of Economics and Business, Faculty of Economics and Business, Trg J. F. Kennedy 6, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia.
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executives; Executive Compensation
- M50 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Personnel Economics - - - General
- O15 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jurica Šimurina).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.