Effective Corporate Income Tax Burden in Croatia
AbstractThis paper provides an analysis of corporate income tax (CIT) in Croatia. Given the fact that Croatia implements a consumption-based CIT and a number of tax incentives, the purpose of this paper is to establish the level of effective tax burden on companies in Croatia. In addition to analyzing the basic indicators of the CIT burden, the paper also presents a calculation of the effective tax rate based on the application of the Devereux-Griffith methodology. Apart from the cost of capital, the effective marginal tax rate (EMTR) and the effective average tax rate (EATR), also the EATR will be calculated for cases in which tax holidays are used.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb in its journal Zagreb International Review of Economics and Business.
Volume (Year): 12 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Postal: Zagreb International Review of Economics and Business, Faculty of Economics and Business, Trg J. F. Kennedy 6, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia.
Other versions of this item:
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael P. Devereux & Rachel Griffith & Alexander Klemm, 2002. "Corporate income tax reforms and international tax competition," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 17(35), pages 449-495, October.
- Michael Devereux & Rachel Griffith, 1998.
"The taxation of discrete investment choices,"
IFS Working Papers
W98/16, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Michael P. Devereux & Rachel Griffith, 1998. "The Taxation of Discrete Investment Choices," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 98/08, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Hrvoja Šimović, 2008. "Porezni poticaji za izgradnju konkurentnosti," EFZG Working Papers Series 0803, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb.
- Devereux, Michael P & Griffith, Rachel, 2003.
"Evaluating Tax Policy for Location Decisions,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 107-26, March.
- European Commission, 2008. "Taxation trends in the European Union: 2008 edition," Taxation trends 2008, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jurica Šimurina).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.