Public and private pharmaceutical spending as determinants of health outcomes in Canada
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Health Economics.
Volume (Year): 14 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pierre-Yves Crémieux & Pierre Ouellette & Caroline Pilon, 1999. "Health care spending as determinants of health outcomes," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(7), pages 627-639.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Jonsson, Bengt, 1991. "Conversion factor instability in international comparisons of health care expenditure," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 227-234, July.
- Parkin, David & McGuire, Alistair & Yule, Brian, 1987. "Aggregate health care expenditures and national income : Is health care a luxury good?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 109-127, June.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Sogaard, Jes & Andersson, Fredrik & Jonsson, Bengt, 1992. "An econometric analysis of health care expenditure: A cross-section study of the OECD countries," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 63-84, May.
- Hitiris, Theo & Posnett, John, 1992. "The determinants and effects of health expenditure in developed countries," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 173-181, August.
- Yihua Yu & Li Zhang & Fanghua Li & Xinye Zheng, 2013. "Strategic interaction and the determinants of public health expenditures in China: a spatial panel perspective," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 203-221, February.
- Sule Akkoyunlu & Frank R. Lichtenberg & Boriss Siliverstovs & Peter Zweifel, 2010.
"Spurious correlation in estimation of the health production function: A note,"
AccessEcon, vol. 30(3), pages 2505-2514.
- Sule Akkoyunlu & Frank R. Lichtenberg & Boriss Siliverstovs & Peter Zweifel, 2009. "Spurious correlation in estimation of the health production function: A note," KOF Working papers 09-227, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Sule Akkoyunlu & Frank R. Lichtenberg & Boriss Siliverstovs & Peter Zweifel, 2009. "Spurious correlation in estimation of the health production function: A note," SOI - Working Papers 0903, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Francesco Moscone & Elisa Tosetti, 2011.
"Medical Technology And The Production Of Health Care,"
Center for Policy Research Working Papers
130, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Badi Baltagi & Francesco Moscone & Elisa Tosetti, 2012. "Medical technology and the production of health care," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 395-411, April.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Moscone, Francesco & Tosetti, Elisa, 2011. "Medical Technology and the Production of Health Care," IZA Discussion Papers 5545, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- John Nixon & Philippe Ulmann, 2006. "The relationship between health care expenditure and health outcomes," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 7-18, March.
- Paul Grootendorst & Emmanuelle Piérard & Minsup Shim, 2007. "The life expectancy gains from pharmaceutical drugs: a critical appraisal of the literature," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 221, McMaster University.
- de Mello-Sampayo, Felipa & de Sousa-Vale, Sofia, 2012.
"Financing Health Care Expenditure in the OECD Countries: Evidence from a Heterogeneous, Cross-Sectionally Dependent Panel,"
41073, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Felipa de Mello-Sampayo & Sofia de Sousa-Vale, 2014. "Financing Health Care Expenditure in the OECD Countries: Evidence from a Heterogeneous, Cross-Sectional Dependent Panel," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 61(2), pages 207-225, March.
- Felipa de Mello-Sampayo & Sofia de Sousa Vale, 2012. "Financing Health Care Expenditure in the OECD Countries: Evidence from a Heterogeneous, Cross-Sectionally Dependent Panel," Working Papers Department of Economics 2012/34, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Jes�s Clemente & Carmen Marcuello & Antonio Monta�és, 2008. "Pharmaceutical expenditure, total health-care expenditure and GDP," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(10), pages 1187-1206.
- Pierre-Yves Crémieux & Pierre Ouellette & Patrick Petit, 2007. "Do Drugs Reduce Utilisation of Other Healthcare Resources?," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 209-221, March.
- John Anyanwu & Andrew E. O. Erhijakpor, 2007. "Working Paper 91 - Health Expenditures and Health Outcomes in Africa," Working Paper Series 226, African Development Bank.
- Craig Gallet, 2009. "The Determinants of AIDS Mortality: Evidence from a State-Level Panel," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 37(4), pages 425-436, December.
- Blázquez-Fernández, Carla & González-Prieto, Noelia & Moreno-Mencía, Patricia, 2013. "Pharmaceutical Expenditure as a Determinant of Health Outcomes in EU Countries/El gasto farmacéutico como determinante de los resultados en salud en países de la UE," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 31, pages 379-396, Septiembr.
- Jorgen Lauridsen & Mariluz Sánchez & Mickael Bech, 2010. "Public pharmaceutical expenditure: identification of spatial effects," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 175-188, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.