Global market segmentation for value-added agricultural products
AbstractGlobal market segments for value-added agricultural products are identified using factor and cluster analysis. Twentysix variables, selected as potentially affecting trade and consumption of value-added agricultural products are first analyzed in factor analysis. The resulting factor scores are used in a cluster analysis of 119 countries. Results for 10 clusters are reported and discussed. Clusters with the most growth potential in the near future for value-added trade are identified along with clusters having less potential in the near future but having long-term potential. © 1995 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Agribusiness.
Volume (Year): 11 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297
Other versions of this item:
- Dooley, Frank J. & Wilson, William W. & Krause, Joyce Hall, 1994. "Global Market Segmentation for Value-Added Agricultural Products," Agricultural Economics Reports 23146, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mumma, Gerald A. & Allen, Albert J. & Couvillion, Warren C., 2000. "An Analysis Of Selected Performance Indicators For U.S. Agribusiness Sites Registered To Iso 9000 Series Of Standards," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 31(01), March.
- Wilson, William W. & Dahl, Bruce L., 1998. "Grain Quality And North American Hard Wheat Exports," Trade Research Center Research Discussion Papers 29249, Montana State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics.
- Traill, W. Bruce, 1997.
"Convergence In U.S. And E.U. Food Systems? The Case Of Food Consumption,"
Proceedings: Strategy and Policy in the Food System: Emerging Issues, June 20-21, 1996, Washington, D.C.
25949, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Bruce TRAILL, 1997. "Convergence In U.S. And E.U. Food Systems? The Case Of Food Consumption," Department of Resource Economics Regional Research Project 9611, University of Massachusetts.
- Wilson, William W., 1995. "Decentralization of Grain Trading: Trends, Implications, and Challenges," 1995 Conference (39th), February 14-16, 1995, Perth, Australia 148784, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.