A Property Rights Approach to Municipal Zoning
AbstractPlanners have been introducing a greater degree of discretion into land use decisions through the use of flexible zoning techniques as a means of improving the traditional system of land use regulation. But this has been a cause for concern and planners ...
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Wisconsin Press in its journal Land Economics.
Volume (Year): 54 (1978)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://le.uwpress.org/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McConnell, Virginia & Walls, Margaret & Kopits, Elizabeth, 2006.
"Zoning, TDRs and the density of development,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 440-457, May.
- Cho, Seong-Hoon & Wu, JunJie, 2001. "Measuring Interactions Among Urban Development, Land Use Regulations, And Public Finance," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20774, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Helsley, Robert W. & Strange, William C., 1995. "Strategic growth controls," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 435-460, August.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Bryce A. Ward, 2006. "The Causes and Consequences of Land Use Regulation: Evidence from Greater Boston," NBER Working Papers 12601, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sakashita, Noboru, 1995. "An economic theory of urban growth control," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 427-434, August.
- Glaeser, Edward L. & Ward, Bryce A., 2009. "The causes and consequences of land use regulation: Evidence from Greater Boston," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 265-278, May.
- Matthias Cinyabuguma & Virginia McConnell, 2009. "Urban Growth Externalities and Neighborhood Incentives: Another Cause of Urban Sprawl?," UMBC Economics Department Working Papers 09-106, UMBC Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.