The Marginal Cost of Raising Tax Revenue and Redistributing Income
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Chicago Press in its journal Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 106 (1998)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shun-ichiro Bessho & Masayoshi Hayashi, 2011.
"Estimating the Social Marginal Cost of Public Funds: A Micro-data Approach,"
CIRJE-F-817, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Shun-ichiro Bessho & Masayoshi Hayashi, 2013. "Estimating the Social Marginal Cost of Public Funds," Public Finance Review, , vol. 41(3), pages 360-385, May.
- Shun-ichiro Bessho & Masayoshi Hayashi, 2005. "The Social Cost of Public Funds : The Case of Japanese Progressive Income Taxation," Finance Working Papers 22031, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Tatiana Damjanovic & Vladislav Damjanovic & Charles Nolan, 2012.
"Universal banking, competition and risk in a macro model,"
CDMA Working Paper Series
201205, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Tatiana Damjanovic & Vladislav Damjanovic & Charles Nolan, 2012. "Universal banking, competition and risk in a macro model," Discussion Papers 1201, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Damjanovic, Tatiana & Damjanovic, Vladislav & Nolan, Charles, 2012. "Universal banking, competition and risk in a macro model," SIRE Discussion Papers 2012-19, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Ian Parry, 2002. "Tax Deductions and the Marginal Welfare Cost of Taxation," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 9(5), pages 531-552, September.
- Krawczyk, Michal, 2010. "A glimpse through the veil of ignorance: Equality of opportunity and support for redistribution," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(1-2), pages 131-141, February.
- Louis Kaplow, 2006. "Optimal Control of Externalities in the Presence of Income Taxation," NBER Working Papers 12339, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tatiana Damjanovic & Vladislav Damjanovic & Charles Nolan, 2013. "Universal vs separated banking with deposit insurance in a macro model," Discussion Papers 1308, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Nada Eissa & Henrik Jacobsen Kleven & Claus Thustrup Kreiner, 2004.
"Evaluation of Four Tax Reforms in the United States: Labor Supply and Welfare Effects for Single Mothers,"
NBER Working Papers
10935, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eissa, Nada & Kleven, Henrik Jacobsen & Kreiner, Claus Thustrup, 2008. "Evaluation of four tax reforms in the United States: Labor supply and welfare effects for single mothers," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(3-4), pages 795-816, April.
- Bargain, Olivier & Donni, Olivier, 2007.
"A Theory of Child Targeting,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2669, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bas Jacobs, 2010.
"The Marginal Cost of Public Funds is One,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3250, CESifo Group Munich.
- Louis Kaplow, 2004. "On the (Ir)Relevance of Distribution and Labor Supply Distortion to Government Policy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(4), pages 159-175, Fall.
- José Manuel González-Páramo, . "Midiendo El Coste Marginal En Bienestar De Una Reforma Impositiva," Working Papers 32-02 Classification-JEL , Instituto de Estudios Fiscales.
- Bryan, James B., 2005. "Targeted programs v the basic income guarantee: an examination of the efficiency costs of different forms of redistribution," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 39-47, February.
- Louis Kaplow, 2004. "On the (Ir)Relevence of Distribution and Labor Supply Distortion of Government Policy," NBER Working Papers 10490, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- José Manuel González Páramo, 2003. "Midiendo el coste marginal en bienestar de una reforma impositiva," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 166(3), pages 115-147, September.
- Liu, Liqun & Neilson, William S., 2006. "Endogenous private safety investment and the willingness to pay for mortality risk reductions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(8), pages 2063-2074, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.