A pigovian rule for the optimum provision of public goods
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Public Economics.
Volume (Year): 30 (1986)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1998. "Redistribution and the marginal cost of public funds," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 365-382, December.
- Atsushi Tsuneki, 2002. "Shadow-Pricing Interpretation of the Pigovian Rule for the Optimal Provision of Public Goods: A Note," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 93-104, January.
- Hatzipanayotou, Panos & Michael, Michael S., 1995. "Foreign aid and public goods," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 455-467, August.
- Hans Lind & Roland Granqvist, 2010. "A Note on the Concept of Excess Burden," Economic Analysis and Policy (EAP), Queensland University of Technology (QUT), School of Economics and Finance, vol. 40(1), pages 78-88, March.
- Michael S. Michael & Panos Hatzipanayotou, 2000.
"Welfare Effects of Migration in Societies with Indirect Taxes, Income Transfers and Public Good Provision,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
347, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michael, Michael S. & Hatzipanayotou, Panos, 2001. "Welfare effects of migration in societies with indirect taxes, income transfers and public good provision," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Gilbert E. Metcalf & Jongsang Park, 2005.
"A Comment on the Role of Prices for Excludable Public Goods,"
Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University
0524, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Gilbert Metcalf & Jongsang Park, 2007. "A comment on the role of prices for excludable public goods," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 14(6), pages 685-698, December.
- Gilbert E. Metcalf & Jongsang Park, 2006. "A Comment on The Role of Prices for Excludable Public Goods," NBER Working Papers 12535, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Liu, Liqun, 2003. "A marginal cost of funds approach to multi-period public project evaluation: implications for the social discount rate," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(7-8), pages 1707-1718, August.
- Wendner, Ronald, 2010. "Ramsey, Pigou, and a Consumption Externality," MPRA Paper 21356, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Konishi, Hideo, 1995. "A Pareto-improving commodity tax reform under a smooth nonlinear income tax," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 413-446, March.
- Jeremy Edwards, 2001. "Cost-Benefit Rules for Public Good Provision with Distortionary Taxation," CESifo Working Paper Series 544, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hatzipanayotou, Panos & Hadjiyiannis, Costas & Michael, Michael S, 2002.
"Tax Competition, Capital Mobility, and Public Good Provision within a Trading Block,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(3), pages 442-58, August.
- Costas Hadjiyiannis & Panos Hatzipanayotou & Michael S. Michael, 2001. "Tax Competition, Capital Mobility and Public Good Provision Within a Trading Block," CESifo Working Paper Series 524, CESifo Group Munich.
- Eskeland, Gunnar S., 2000. "Environmental protection and optimal taxation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2510, The World Bank.
- de Bartolome, Charles A. M., 1997. "Slow Adjustment and the Level of Government Spending," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 285-311, September.
- Louis Kaplow, 1997. "Should the Government's Allocation Branch be Concerned about the Distortionary Cost of Taxation and Distributive Effects?," NBER Working Papers 4566, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eskeland, Gunnar S., 2000. "Public expenditures and environmental protection : when is the cost of funds irrelevant?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2507, The World Bank.
- Wendner, Ronald, 2011.
"Ramsey, Pigou, heterogenous agents, and non-atmospheric consumption externalities,"
35015, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ronald Wendner, 2011. "Ramsey, Pigou, heterogenous agents, and non-atmospheric consumption externalities," Graz Economics Papers 2012-01, University of Graz, Department of Economics.
- Ming Chang, 2000. "Rules and Levels in the Provision of Public Goods: The Role of Complementarities between the public Good and Taxed Commodities," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 83-91, February.
- Pirttilä, Jukka, 1998. "Earmarking of Environmental Taxes: Efficient, After All," Research Discussion Papers 4/1998, Bank of Finland.
- Diego Martinez-Lopez, 2004. "The optimal provision of public inputs in a second best scenario," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 8(3), pages 1-9.
- Craig, Steven G. & Holsey, Cheryl M., 1997. "Efficient inequality: differential allocation in the local public sector," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 763-784, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.