A Note on Investment Incentives in the WTO and the Transition Economies
AbstractMost of the transition economies are already members of or in the process of accession to the WTO. Therefore their investment incentive regimes need to be compatible with the Agreement on Subsidies and Countervailing Measures in the WTO. This study compares the fiscal investment incentives in the transition economies provided to foreign investors and shows which are expected to be phased out soon owing to their inconsistency with the current WTO regulations. It would be to their own benefit for these economies to make their investment policies consistent with the relevant WTO provisions, to take steps to eliminate subsidies prohibited in the WTO system and to try not to waste their resources, considering that the incentives may be subjected to countervailing measures by WTO members.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Post-Communist Economies.
Volume (Year): 12 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CPCE20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Henley & Colin Kirkpatrick & Georgina Wilde, 1999. "Foreign Direct Investment in China: Recent Trends and Current Policy Issues," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(2), pages 223-243, 03.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 2003.
"The Economics of Foreign Direct Investment Incentives,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3775, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Ari Kokko, 2003. "The Economics of Foreign Direct Investment Incentives," NBER Working Papers 9489, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 2003. "The Economics of Foreign Direct Investment Incentives," EIJS Working Paper Series 168, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- Morris Bornstein, 2000. "Post-Privatization Enterprise Restructuring," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 327, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Morris Bornstein, 2001. "Post-privatisation Enterprise Restructuring," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 189-203.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.