Editorial introduction. Globalization: Definitions, debates and implications
AbstractThis introduction contrasts three competing interpretations of globalization which appear in contributions to this issue. The market-centred approach is contrasted with a state-centred perspective, and finally with a people-centred interpretation of the nature and impact of globalization. The paper then draws together the lessons for developing countries which follow from the analyses of trade, investment, finance, policy choices and reactions against globalization.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Oxford Development Studies.
Volume (Year): 26 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CODS20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Almas Heshmati, 2010.
"The Relationship between Income Inequality, Poverty, and Globalization,"
- Heshmati, Almas, 2004. "The Relationship between Income Inequality, Poverty and Globalisation," IZA Discussion Papers 1277, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Heshmati, Almas, 2005. "The Relationship between Income Inequality, Poverty, and Globalization," Working Paper Series RP2005/37, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Narayana, Muttur Ranganathan, 2008. "Performance of Urban India during Globalization Period: An Economic Analysis," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-543, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Gurgul, Henryk & Lach, Łukasz, 2014.
"Globalization and economic growth: Evidence from two decades of transition in CEE,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 99-107.
- Gurgul, Henryk & Lach, Łukasz, 2014. "Globalization and economic growth: Evidence from two decades of transition in CEE," MPRA Paper 52231, University Library of Munich, Germany.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.