Financial information on the Internet: a survey of the homepages of Austrian companies
AbstractThis paper analyses the use of the Internet to present financial information by Austrian companies listed in the most liquid market segment of the Vienna Stock Exchange. The study covers two points in time, end of December 1997 and 1998, respectively. The scores of the companies are analysed across firms and over time, and Austrian firms' scores are compared to those of the German DAX 30 companies. Hypotheses related to the costs and benefits of information are tested. The results show for Austria that larger companies and companies with higher percentage of free float score higher.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal European Accounting Review.
Volume (Year): 8 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/REAR20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dr. Mohd Noor Azli bin Ali Khan Author_Email: firstname.lastname@example.org & Prof. Dr. Noor Azizi bin Ismail, 2011. "Malaysian Academics’ Perceptions Of Internet Financial Reporting," Annual Summit on Business and Entrepreneurial Studies (ASBES 2011) Proceeding 2011-024-163, Conference Master Resources.
- Turel, Asli, 2010. "The Expectation Gap in Internet Financial Reporting: Evidence from an Emerging Capital Market," MPRA Paper 29800, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Denis Cormier & Marie-Josée Ledoux & Michel Magnan, 2010. "The Informational Contribution of Social and Environmental Disclosures for Investors," Post-Print hal-00481571, HAL.
- Bruno Oxibar, 2002. "La Diffusion D'Informations Financieres , Sur Les Sites Internet Des Societes Cotees : Evaluation Des Positions De La Cob," Post-Print halshs-00584517, HAL.
- Bruno Oxibar, 2010. "Communication Financiere Sur Les Sites Internet Des Groupes Cotes Francais," Post-Print hal-00479489, HAL.
- Andrew Lymer, 1999. "Internet and the future of reporting in Europe," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 289-301.
- Sarra Elleuch Hamza & Mouna Ben Ahmed Hedrich, 2008. "Les déterminants de la divulgation des informations financières via Internet adoptée par les entreprises tunisiennes : une démarche qualitative et quantitative," Post-Print halshs-00524888, HAL.
- Oxibar, Bruno, 2002. "La diffusion d’informations financières sur les sites internet des sociétés cotées : évaluation des positions de la COB," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/576, Paris Dauphine University.
- Dr. Mohd Noor Azli bin Ali Khan Author_Email: & Professor Dr. Noor Azizi bin Ismail, 2011. "The Use Of Disclosure Indices In Internet Financial Reporting Research," 2nd International Conference on Business and Economic Research (2nd ICBER 2011) Proceeding 2011-462, Conference Master Resources.
- Ivica Pervan, 2005. "Financial reporting on the internet and the practice of croatian joint stock companies quoted on the stock exchanges," Financial Theory and Practice, Institute of Public Finance, vol. 29(2), pages 159-174.
- Ivica Pervan, 2006. "Voluntary financial reporting on the internet – analysis of the practice of Croatian and Slovene listed joint stock companies," Financial Theory and Practice, Institute of Public Finance, vol. 30(1), pages 1-27.
- Siti Rosmaini Bt Mohd Hanafi & Mohd Ariff Bin Kasim & Muhd Kamil Bin Ibrahim & Dawson R. Hancock, 2009. "Business Reporting on the Internet: Development of a Disclosure Quality Index," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business, and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 8(1), pages 55-79, April.
- Zezhong Xiao & Michael John Jones & Andy Lymer, 2002. "Immediate trends in Internet reporting," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 245-275.
- Bikram Chatterjee & Monir Zaman Mir, 2008. "The current status of environmental reporting by Indian companies," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(6), pages 609-629, July.
- Aslihan E. Bozcuk, 2012. "Internet financial reporting: Turkish companies adapt to change," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(8), pages 786-800, August.
- Isabel-María García Sánchez & Luis Rodríguez Domínguez & Isabel Gallego Álvarez, 2011. "Corporate governance and strategic information on the internet: A study of Spanish listed companies," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(4), pages 471-501, May.
- Geerlings,Jorn & Bollen,Laury & Hassink,Harold, 2002. "Investor Relations on the Internet: A Survey of the Euronext Zone," Research Memorandum 085, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Dr. Mohd Noor Azli bin Ali Khan & Professor Dr. Noor Azizi bin Ismail, 2011. "The Use Of Disclosure Indices In Internet Financial Reporting Research," Journal of Global Business and Economics, Global Research Agency, vol. 3(1), pages 157-173, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.