Economic Modeling for Disaster Impact Analysis: Past, Present, and Future
AbstractAnalyzing economic impacts of disasters has attracted interest from a wide audience in recent years, not only because of the frequent occurrence of large natural disasters worldwide but also because of the spread of terrorism to a global scale. This paper reviews past modeling studies for economic impact analysis of disasters, focusing especially on the input-output model and related modeling frameworks, such as the social accounting matrix and the computable general equilibrium model. The paper also discusses the issues of disaster modeling raised by the literature, and proposes some future directions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Economic Systems Research.
Volume (Year): 19 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CESR20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Suman K SHARMA, 2010. "Socio-Economic Aspects of Disaster’s Impact: An Assessment of Databases and Methodologies," Economic Growth centre Working Paper Series 1001, Nanyang Technolgical University, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Economic Growth centre.
- Eduardo A. Haddad & Yasuhide Okuyama, 2012. "Spatial Propagation of the Economic Impacts of Bombing: The Case of the 2006 War in Lebanon," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2012_19, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Lazzaroni, S. & van Bergeijk, P.A.G., 2013. "Natural disasters impact, factors of resilience and development: A meta-analysis of the macroeconomic literature," ISS Working Papers - General Series 554, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- van Bergeijk, P.A.G. & Lazzaroni, S., 2013. "Macroeconomics of natural disasters," ISS Working Papers - General Series 50075, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Barker, Kash & Santos, Joost R., 2010. "Measuring the efficacy of inventory with a dynamic input-output model," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 126(1), pages 130-143, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.