A Semi-Explicit Approach to Canary Swaptions in HJM One-Factor Model
AbstractLeveraging the explicit formula for European swaptions and coupon-bond options in the HJM one-factor model, a semi-explicit formula for 2-Bermudan options (also called Canary options) is developed. The European swaption formula is extended to future times. So equipped, one is able to reduce the valuation of a 2-Bermudan swaption to a single numerical integration at the first expiry date. In that integration the most complex part of the embedded European swaptions valuation has been simplified to perform it only once and not for every point. In a special but very common in practice case, a semi-explicit formula is provided. Those results lead to a significantly faster and more precise implementation of swaption valuation. The improvements extend even more favourably to sensitivity calculations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Mathematical Finance.
Volume (Year): 13 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAMF20
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992. "Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- Hull, John & White, Alan, 1990. "Pricing Interest-Rate-Derivative Securities," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 573-92.
- Marc Henrard, 2004. "Semi-explicit Delta and Gamma for European swaptions in Hull- White one factor model," Finance 0411036, EconWPA, revised 25 Jan 2005.
- Marc Henrard, 2003. "Explicit bond option and swaption formula in Heath-Jarrow-Morton one factor model," Finance 0310009, EconWPA.
- Marc Henrard, 2005. "Bermudan swaptions in Hull-White one-factor model: analytical and numerical approaches," Finance 0505023, EconWPA.
- Henrard, Marc, 2006. "TIPS Options in the Jarrow-Yildirim model," MPRA Paper 1423, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Henrard, Marc, 2006. "Bonds futures: Delta? No gamma!," MPRA Paper 2249, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 May 2006.
- Henrard, Marc, 2007. "Skewed Libor Market Model and Gaussian HJM explicit approaches to rolled deposit options," MPRA Paper 1534, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Henrard, Marc, 2007. "CMS swaps in separable one-factor Gaussian LLM and HJM model," MPRA Paper 3228, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Henrard, Marc, 2006. "Bonds futures and their options: more than the cheapest-to-deliver; quality option and marginning," MPRA Paper 2001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.