Economic freedom, per capita income and economic growth
AbstractBased on cross-section data, this paper explores the relationship between economic freedom and the economic performance of low, middle and high income countries. The regression results show that there is a direct relationship between the economic freedom index and per capita income in low income countries and all countries as a whole. The evidence also indicates that there is a direct relationship between the economic freedom index and the growth rate of per capita income in high income countries and all countries as a whole.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 3 (1996)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jakob de Haan & Susanna Lundstroem & Jan-Egbert Sturm, 2005.
"Market oriented institutions and policies and economic growth: A critical survey,"
TWI Research Paper Series
5, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, Universität Konstanz.
- Jakob De Haan & Susanna Lundström & Jan-Egbert Sturm, 2006. "Market-oriented institutions and policies and economic growth: A critical survey," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(2), pages 157-191, 04.
- Tobias Knedlik & Franz Kronthaler, 2006.
"Forced to Freedom? Empirical Relations between Aid and Economic Freedom,"
IWH Discussion Papers
8, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Kronthaler, Franz & Knedlik, Tobias, 2007. "Forced to Freedom? Empirical relations between aid and economic freedom," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, GÃ¶ttingen 2007 19, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Doucouliagos, Chris & Ulubasoglu, Mehmet Ali, 2006. "Economic freedom and economic growth: Does specification make a difference?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 60-81, March.
- Carlsson, Fredrik & Lundström, Susanna, 2000. "The Effects of Economic and Political Freedom on CO2 Emissions," Working Papers in Economics 29, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 21 Aug 2001.
- Kiliç, Cuneyt & Arica, Feyza, 2014. "Economic Freedom, Inflation Rate and their Impact on Economic Growth: A Panel Data Analysis," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 160-176, March.
- Hakan SARIBAS, 2010. "Economic Freedom And Economic Well-Being: A Granger Causality Analysis Of 49 Countries, 1995–2004," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 10(2).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.