Long-term interest rates and expected future budget deficits: evidence from the term structure
AbstractThis article examines the relationship between current and expected future real Treasury bond yields, forecasts of budget deficits and market risk. Both expected future deficits and risk strongly influenced expected future real Treasury bond yields in the United States in the 1983-2005 period.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Applied Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 16 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bernoth, Kerstin & Hagen, Jürgen von & Schuknecht, Ludger, 2006.
"Sovereign Risk Premiums in the European Government Bond Market,"
Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems
151, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Bernoth, Kerstin & von Hagen, Jürgen & Schuknecht, Ludger, 2012. "Sovereign risk premiums in the European government bond market," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 975-995.
- Christoph A. Schaltegger & Martin Weder, 2010.
"Fiscal Adjustment and the Costs of Public Debt Service: Evidence from OECD Countries,"
CREMA Working Paper Series
2010-08, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Christoph A. Schaltegger & Martin Weder, 2014. "Fiscal adjustment and the costs of public debt service: evidence from OECD countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(22), pages 2593-2610, August.
- Christoph A. Schaltegger & Martin Weder, 2010. "Fiscal Adjustment and the Costs of Public Debt Service: Evidence from OECD Countries," CESifo Working Paper Series 3297, CESifo Group Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.