The Changing Relationship between Tax and Financial Reporting in Spain
AbstractThe operational connection between tax and financial reporting has been reported on in detail for a few countries but not for Spain. However, the literature suggests that there was a great reduction in the influence of tax in Spain in the early 1990s. This paper applies the methodology of earlier researchers in order to measure the tax/reporting linkages for Spain at three different dates. We find that Spain is intermediate between France/Germany and USA/UK in the degree of tax influence on financial reporting. We also find that the common belief in a major reduction in tax influence over time can be refuted.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Accounting in Europe.
Volume (Year): 2 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAIE20
Other versions of this item:
- Christopher Nobes & Ester Oliveras & Xavier Puig, 2004. "The changing relationship between tax and financial reporting in Spain," Economics Working Papers 782, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jose Lainez & Jose Jarne & Susana Callao, 1999. "The Spanish accounting system and international accounting harmonization," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 93-113.
- Cuzdriorean Dan Dacian & Albu Catalin Nicolae & Albu Nadia, 2012. "The Relationship Between Accounting And Taxation - The Romanian Accounting Environment," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 894-900, July.
- Dan Dacian Cuzdriorean & Dumitru Matis, 2012. "The Relationship Between Accounting And Taxation Insight The European Union: The Influence Of The International Accounting Regulation," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 1(14), pages 2.
- Giovanna Gavana & Gabriele Guggiola & Anna Marenzi, 2010. "Evolving Connections Between Tax and Financial Reporting in Italy," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf1001, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Gabriele Guggiola, 2010. "IFRS Adoption in the E.U., accounting harmonization and market efficiency: a review," Economics and Quantitative Methods qf1002, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Costel Istrate, 2011. "Évolutions récentes de la relation entre la comptabilité et la fiscalité en Roumanie," Post-Print hal-00650468, HAL.
- Cuzdriorean - Vladu Dan Dacian & Albu Catalin Nicolae & Albu Nadia & Fekete Szilveszter, 2011. "A Longitudinal Analysis Regarding The Evolution Of Profit Tax Regulations In Romania - An Empirical View," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 594-601, July.
- Cuzdriorean Dan Dacian, 2010. "The Relationship Between Accounting And Taxation: A Brief International Literature Review," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 496-502, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.