A Sarmanov family with beta and gamma marginal distributions: an application to the Bayes premium in a collective risk model
AbstractIn this paper we firstly develop a Sarmanov–Lee bivariate family of distributions with the beta and gamma as marginal distributions. We obtain the linear correlation coefficient showing that, although it is not a strong family of correlation, it can be greater than the value of this coefficient in the Farlie–Gumbel–Morgenstern family. We also determine other measures for this family: the coefficient of median concordance and the relative entropy, which are analyzed by comparison with the case of independence. Secondly, we consider the problem of premium calculation in a Poisson–Lindley and exponential collective risk model, where the Sarmanov–Lee family is used as a structure function. We determine the collective and Bayes premiums whose values are analyzed when independence and dependence between the risk profiles are considered, obtaining that notable variations in premiums values are obtained even when low levels of correlation are considered. Copyright Springer-Verlag 2012
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Statistical Methods & Applications.
Volume (Year): 21 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10260/index.htm
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert T. Clemen & Terence Reilly, 1999. "Correlations and Copulas for Decision and Risk Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(2), pages 208-224, February.
- Woojune Yi & Vicki M. Bier, 1998. "An Application of Copulas to Accident Precursor Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(12-Part-2), pages S257-S270, December.
- Samuel Kotz & J. Renevan Dorp, 2002. "A versatile bivariate distribution on a bounded domain: Another look at the product moment correlation," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(8), pages 1165-1179.
- David A. Schweidel & Peter S. Fader & Eric T. Bradlow, 2008. "A Bivariate Timing Model of Customer Acquisition and Retention," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(5), pages 829-843, 09-10.
- Heilmann, Wolf-Rudiger, 1989. "Decision theoretic foundations of credibility theory," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 77-95, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.