A fuzzy logic approach to poverty analysis based on the Gini and Bonferroni inequality indices
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Statistical Methods & Applications.
Volume (Year): 19 (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10260/index.htm
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bourguignon, F. & Chakravarty, S.R., 1998.
"The Measurement of Multidimensional Poverty,"
DELTA Working Papers
98-12, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Kakwani, Nanak, 1980. "On a Class of Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(2), pages 437-46, March.
- Atkinson, A B, 1987. "On the Measurement of Poverty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 749-64, July.
- Satya R. Chakravarty & Pietro Muliere, 2004. "Welfare indicators: a review and new perspectives. 2. Measurement of poverty," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(2), pages 247-281.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1995. "Revisiting the Sen Poverty Index," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(5), pages 1225-30, September.
- Giovanni Maria Giorgi & Michele Crescenzi, 2001.
"A proposal of poverty measures based on the Bonferroni inequality index,"
Metron - International Journal of Statistics,
Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(3-4), pages 3-16.
- Giovanni Maria Giorgi & Michele Crescenzi, 2005. "A proposal of poverty measures based on the Bonferroni inequality index," Econometrics 0507010, EconWPA.
- Kuan Xu & Lars Osberg, 2002.
"The social welfare implications, decomposability, and geometry of the Sen family of poverty indices,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(1), pages 138-152, February.
- Kuan Xu & Lars Osberg, 2000. "The Social Welfare Implications, Decomposability, and Geometry of the Sen Family of Poverty Indices," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive sendeco, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Joseph Deutsch & Jacques Silber, 2005. "Measuring Multidimensional Poverty: An Empirical Comparison Of Various Approaches," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 51(1), pages 145-174, 03.
- Atkinson, A B, 1992. "Measuring Poverty and Differences in Family Composition," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 59(233), pages 1-16, February.
- Bourguignon, F. & Chakravarty, S.R., 1998. "A Family of Multidimensional Poverty Measures," DELTA Working Papers 98-03, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Bourguignon, F. & Fields, G., 1995. "Discontinuous Losses from Poverty, Generalized P& Measures and Optimal Transfers to the Poor," DELTA Working Papers 95-06, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-31, March.
- Foster, James E & Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1988. "Poverty Orderings," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(1), pages 173-77, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.