Risk-averse and risk-taking newsvendors: a conditional expected value approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Review of Managerial Science.
Volume (Year): 1 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/business/journal/11846
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C44 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
- M11 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Production Management
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gotoh, Jun-ya & Takano, Yuichi, 2007. "Newsvendor solutions via conditional value-at-risk minimization," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 179(1), pages 80-96, May.
- Louis Eeckhoudt & Christian Gollier & Harris Schlesinger, 1995. "The Risk-Averse (and Prudent) Newsboy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(5), pages 786-794, May.
- Ahmed, Shabbir & Cakmak, Ulas & Shapiro, Alexander, 2007. "Coherent risk measures in inventory problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 182(1), pages 226-238, October.
- Keren, Baruch & Pliskin, Joseph S., 2006. "A benchmark solution for the risk-averse newsvendor problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 174(3), pages 1643-1650, November.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Marc Reimann & Philippe Schiltknecht, 2009. "The role of risk preferences and flexibility for risk management: lessons from a custom manufacturing environment," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 117-140, July.
- Brandtner, Mario, 2013. "Conditional Value-at-Risk, spectral risk measures and (non-)diversification in portfolio selection problems – A comparison with mean–variance analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5526-5537.
- Wu, Meng & Zhu, Stuart X. & Teunter, Ruud H., 2013. "The risk-averse newsvendor problem with random capacity," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 231(2), pages 328-336.
- Jammernegg, Werner & Kischka, Peter, 2009. "Risk preferences and robust inventory decisions," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 269-274, March.
- Qin, Yan & Wang, Ruoxuan & Vakharia, Asoo J. & Chen, Yuwen & Seref, Michelle M.H., 2011. "The newsvendor problem: Review and directions for future research," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 213(2), pages 361-374, September.
- Katja Poser & Maik Wagner, 2007. "Das Newsvendor Modell mit nicht-linearer Kostenfunktion und seine Anwendung bei nicht-proportionalen Rückversicherungsverträgen," Jena Research Papers in Business and Economics - Working and Discussion Papers 15/2007, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, School of Economics and Business Administration.
- Jammernegg, Werner & Kischka, Peter, 2013. "The price-setting newsvendor with service and loss constraints," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 326-335.
- Jammernegg, Werner & Kischka, Peter, 2013. "Risk preferences of a newsvendor with service and loss constraints," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 143(2), pages 410-415.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.