Consistency in Measures of Social Homogeneity: A Connection with Proximity to Single Peaked Preferences
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Quality and Quantity.
Volume (Year): 38 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/11135
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bertola, Giuseppe, 1993.
"Factor Shares and Savings in Endogenous Growth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1184-98, December.
- Kuga, Kiyoshi & Nagatani, Hiroaki, 1974. "Voter Antagonism and the Paradox of Voting," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(6), pages 1045-67, November.
- Fishburn, Peter C., 1982. "Relative probabilities of majority winners under partial information," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 73-78, July.
- Gehrlein, William V. & Fishburn, Peter C., 1976. "The probability of the paradox of voting: A computable solution," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 14-25, August.
- William Gehrlein, 1987. "A comparative analysis of measures of social homogeneity," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 219-231, September.
- Pranab Bardhan, 1993. "Symposium on Democracy and Development," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 45-49, Summer.
- Kelly, Jerry S, 1974. "Voting Anomalies, the Number of Voters, and the Number of Alternatives," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(2), pages 239-51, March.
- Wooders, Myrna Holtz, 1994. "Equivalence of Games and Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(5), pages 1141-60, September.
- Stensholt, Eivind, 1999. "Beta distributions in a simplex and impartial anonymous cultures," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 45-57, January.
- Jamison, Dean & Luce, Edward, 1972. "Social homogeneity and the probability of intransitive majority rule," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 79-87, August.
- Dominique Lepelley & Ahmed Louichi & Hatem Smaoui, 2006.
"On Ehrhart Polynomials and Probability Calculations in Voting Theory,"
Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen)
200610, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Dominique Lepelley & Ahmed Louichi & Hatem Smaoui, 2008. "On Ehrhart polynomials and probability calculations in voting theory," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 363-383, April.
- William Gehrlein, 2011. "Strong measures of group coherence and the probability that a pairwise majority rule winner exists," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 365-374, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.