The Probability of Condorcet Cycles and Super Majority Rules
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 75 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869
Other versions of this item:
- Yves Balasko & Hervé Crès, 1995. "The Probability of Condorcet Cycles and Super Majority Rules," Research Papers by the Institute of Economics and Econometrics, Geneva School of Economics and Management, University of Geneva 95.01, Institut d'Economie et Econométrie, Université de Genève.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kelly, Jerry S, 1974. "Voting Anomalies, the Number of Voters, and the Number of Alternatives," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(2), pages 239-51, March.
- Greenberg, Joseph, 1979. "Consistent Majority Rules over Compact Sets of Alternatives," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 627-36, May.
- Gehrlein, William V. & Fishburn, Peter C., 1976. "The probability of the paradox of voting: A computable solution," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 14-25, August.
- Caplin, Andrew S & Nalebuff, Barry J, 1988. "On 64%-Majority Rule," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(4), pages 787-814, July.
- Kramer, Gerald H, 1973. "On a Class of Equilibrium Conditions for Majority Rule," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(2), pages 285-97, March.
- Grandmont, Jean-Michel, 1978. "Intermediate Preferences and the Majority Rule," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(2), pages 317-30, March.
- DeMeyer, Frank & Plott, Charles R, 1970. "The Probability of a Cyclical Majority," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(2), pages 345-54, March.
- Truchon, Michel, 1996.
"La démocratie: oui, mais laquelle?,"
Cahiers de recherche
9610, Université Laval - Département d'économique, revised Oct 1998.
- Mich Tvede & Hervé Crès, 2001. "Voting in Assemblies of shareholders and Incomplete Markets," Sciences Po publications 722/2001, Sciences Po.
- Mich Tvede & Hervé Crés, 2005.
"Voting in assemblies of shareholders and incomplete markets,"
Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 887-906, November.
- CRES, Herve & TVEDE, Mich, 2001. "Voting in assemblies of shareholders and incomplete markets," Les Cahiers de Recherche 722, HEC Paris.
- Mich Tvede & Hervé Crès, 2004. "Voting in Assemblies of Shareholders and Incomplete Markets," Discussion Papers 04-09, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Estelle Cantillon & Antonio Rangel, 2002.
"A graphical analysis of some basic results in social choice,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 587-611.
- Estelle Cantillon, 2001. "A Graphical Analysis of Some Basic Results in Social Choice," NBER Technical Working Papers 0268, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Estelle Cantillon & Antonio Rangel, 2002. "A graphical analysis of some basic results in social choice," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9007, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Estelle Cantillon & Antonio Rangel, 2000. "A Graphical Analysis of Some Basic Results in Social Choice," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1285, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Michel Regenwetter & James Adams & Bernard Grofman, 2002. "On the (Sample) Condorcet Efficiency of Majority Rule: An alternative view of majority cycles and social homogeneity," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 53(2), pages 153-186, September.
- Roger Congleton, 2012. "The constitutional political economy of Gordon Tullock," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 152(1), pages 131-146, July.
- Eivind Stensholt, 2013. "What shall we do with the cyclic profile?," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 229-262, January.
- Tovey, Craig A., 1997. "Probabilities of Preferences and Cycles with Super Majority Rules," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 271-279, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.