Causality in economics: Rhetorical ethic or positivist empiric?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Quality and Quantity.
Volume (Year): 27 (1993)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/11135
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hendry, David F. & Learmer, Edward E. & Poirier, Dale J., 1990. "A Conversation on Econometric Methodology," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 171-261, June.
- P.A.V.B. Swamy & Roger K. Conway & Peter von zur Muehlen, 1984. "The foundations of econometrics: are there any?," Special Studies Papers 182, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Blackburn, Keith & Christensen, Michael, 1989. "Monetary Policy and Policy Credibility: Theories and Evidence," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 27(1), pages 1-45, March.
- Helm, Dieter, 1984. "Predictions and Causes: A Comparison of Friedman and Hicks on Method," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(0), pages 118-34, Supplemen.
- McAleer, Michael & Pagan, Adrian R & Volker, Paul A, 1985.
"What Will Take the Con out of Econometrics?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 293-307, June.
- Zellner, A., 1988.
"Causality And Causal Laws In Economics,"
m8801, Southern California - Department of Economics.
- McCloskey, Donald N, 1983. "The Rhetoric of Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 21(2), pages 481-517, June.
- Lovell, Michael C, 1983. "Data Mining," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Denton, Frank T, 1985. "Data Mining as an Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(1), pages 124-27, February.
- Swamy, P. A. V. B. & Von Zur Muehlen, Peter, 1988.
"Further thoughts on testing for causality with econometric models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 105-147.
- P.A.V.B. Swamy & P. von zur Muehlen, 1987. "Further thoughts on testing for casuality with econometric models," Special Studies Papers 211, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Dewald, William G & Thursby, Jerry G & Anderson, Richard G, 1988. "Replication in Empirical Economics: The Journal of Money, Credit and Banking Project: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1162-63, December.
- Dewald, William G & Thursby, Jerry G & Anderson, Richard G, 1986. "Replication in Empirical Economics: The Journal of Money, Credit and Banking Project," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 587-603, September.
- Zellner, Arnold, 1979. "Causality and econometrics," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 9-54, January.
- Rafael Moreno & Rafael Martínez, 2008. "Causality as validity: some implications for the social sciences," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 42(5), pages 597-604, October.
- Erdal Atukeren, 2008. "Christmas cards, Easter bunnies, and Granger-causality," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 42(6), pages 835-844, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.