Causality in economics: Rhetorical ethic or positivist empiric?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Quality and Quantity.
Volume (Year): 27 (1993)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/11135
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- P.A.V.B. Swamy & Roger K. Conway & Peter von zur Muehlen, 1984. "The foundations of econometrics: are there any?," Special Studies Papers 182, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Dewald, William G & Thursby, Jerry G & Anderson, Richard G, 1986. "Replication in Empirical Economics: The Journal of Money, Credit and Banking Project," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 587-603, September.
- P.A.V.B. Swamy & P. von zur Muehlen, 1987.
"Further thoughts on testing for casuality with econometric models,"
Special Studies Papers
211, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Swamy, P. A. V. B. & Von Zur Muehlen, Peter, 1988. "Further thoughts on testing for causality with econometric models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 105-147.
- McAleer, Michael & Pagan, Adrian, 1985.
"What Will Take the Con Out of Econometrics?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
39, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- McCloskey, Donald N, 1983. "The Rhetoric of Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 21(2), pages 481-517, June.
- Blackburn, Keith & Christensen, Michael, 1989. "Monetary Policy and Policy Credibility: Theories and Evidence," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 27(1), pages 1-45, March.
- Zellner, Arnold, 1979. "Causality and econometrics," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 9-54, January.
- Denton, Frank T, 1985. "Data Mining as an Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(1), pages 124-27, February.
- Lovell, Michael C, 1983. "Data Mining," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Hendry, David F. & Learmer, Edward E. & Poirier, Dale J., 1990. "A Conversation on Econometric Methodology," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 171-261, June.
- Zellner, Arnold, 1988.
"Causality and causal laws in economics,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 7-21.
- Zellner, A., 1988. "Causality And Causal Laws In Economics," Papers, Southern California - Department of Economics m8801, Southern California - Department of Economics.
- Helm, Dieter, 1984. "Predictions and Causes: A Comparison of Friedman and Hicks on Method," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(0), pages 118-34, Supplemen.
- Dewald, William G & Thursby, Jerry G & Anderson, Richard G, 1988. "Replication in Empirical Economics: The Journal of Money, Credit and Banking Project: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1162-63, December.
- Erdal Atukeren, 2008. "Christmas cards, Easter bunnies, and Granger-causality," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, Springer, vol. 42(6), pages 835-844, December.
- Rafael Moreno & Rafael Martínez, 2008. "Causality as validity: some implications for the social sciences," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, Springer, vol. 42(5), pages 597-604, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.