Log-concavity and monotonicity of hazard and reversed hazard functions of univariate and multivariate skew-normal distributions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Metrika.
Volume (Year): 75 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102509
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ma, Chunsheng, 2000. "A Note on the Multivariate Normal Hazard," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 282-283, May.
- Taizhong Hu & Ying Li, 2007. "Increasing failure rate and decreasing reversed hazard rate properties of the minimum and maximum of multivariate distributions with log-concave densities," Metrika, Springer, vol. 65(3), pages 325-330, May.
- Bagnoli, M. & Bergstrom, T., 1989.
"Log-Concave Probability And Its Applications,"
89-23, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Adelchi Azzalini, 2005. "The Skew-normal Distribution and Related Multivariate Families," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 32(2), pages 159-188.
- Ramesh Gupta & Rameshwar Gupta, 2004. "Generalized skew normal model," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 501-524, December.
- Yadegari, Iraj & Gerami, Abbas & Khaledi, Majid Jafari, 2008. "A generalization of the Balakrishnan skew-normal distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(10), pages 1165-1167, August.
- Arjun Gupta & John Chen, 2004. "A class of multivariate skew-normal models," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 56(2), pages 305-315, June.
- An, Mark Yuying, 1995.
"Logconcavity versus Logconvexity: A Complete Characterization,"
95-03, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- An, Mark Yuying, 1998. "Logconcavity versus Logconvexity: A Complete Characterization," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 350-369, June.
- Jorge Navarro & Moshe Shaked, 2010. "Some properties of the minimum and the maximum of random variables with joint logconcave distributions," Metrika, Springer, vol. 71(3), pages 313-317, May.
- Jamalizadeh, A. & Balakrishnan, N., 2010. "Distributions of order statistics and linear combinations of order statistics from an elliptical distribution as mixtures of unified skew-elliptical distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(6), pages 1412-1427, July.
- Jamalizadeh, A. & Behboodian, J. & Balakrishnan, N., 2008. "A two-parameter generalized skew-normal distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(13), pages 1722-1726, September.
- Gupta, Pushpa L. & Gupta, Ramesh C., 1997. "On the Multivariate Normal Hazard," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 64-73, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.