Perfect equilibrium and lexicographic beliefs
AbstractWe extend the results of Blume, Brandenberger, and Dekel (1991b) to obtain a finite characterization of perfect equilibria in terms of lexicographic probability systems (LPSs). The LPSs we consider are defined over individual strategy sets and thus capture the property of independence among players' actions. Our definition of a product LPS over joint actions of the players is shown to be canonical, in the sense that any independent LPS on joint actions is essentially equivalent to a product LPS according to our definition.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal International Journal of Game Theory.
Volume (Year): 31 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Note: Received February 2002/Final version June 2002
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00182/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Govindan, Srihari & Wilson, Robert, 2009.
"Axiomatic Equilibrium Selection for Generic Two-Player Games,"
2021, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Srihari Govindan & Robert Wilson, 2012. "Axiomatic Equilibrium Selection for Generic Two‐Player Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 80(4), pages 1639-1699, 07.
- Srihari Govindan & Robert Wilson, 2009. "Axiomatic Equilibrium Selection for Generic two-player games," Levine's Working Paper Archive 814577000000000231, David K. Levine.
- Srihari Govindan & Robert Wilson, 2010. "Axiomatic Equilibrium Selection For Generic Two-Player Games," Levine's Working Paper Archive 661465000000000203, David K. Levine.
- Srihari Govindan & Robert Wilson, 2006.
"Sufficient Conditions for Stable Equilibria,"
784828000000000267, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Peter A. Streufert, 2005. "Two Characterizations of Consistency," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 20052, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Govindan, Srihari & Wilson, Robert B., 2008.
"Axiomatic Theory of Equilibrium Selection in Signaling Games with Generic Payoffs,"
2000, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Srihari Govindan & Robert Wilson, 2008. "Axiomatic Theory of Equilibrium Selection in Signalling Games with Generic Payoffs," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000002381, David K. Levine.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.