What is evolutionary about ‘regional systems of innovation’? Implications for regional policy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Evolutionary Economics.
Volume (Year): 20 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00191/index.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Institutional; Evolutionary
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- L50 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - General
- R0 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General
- R1 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rinaldo Evangelista & Simona Iammarino & Valeria Mastrostefano & Alberto Silvani, 2002. "Looking for Regional Systems of Innovation: Evidence from the Italian Innovation Survey," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 173-186.
- Bj�rn Asheim & Ron Boschma & Philip Cooke, 2011.
"Constructing Regional Advantage: Platform Policies Based on Related Variety and Differentiated Knowledge Bases,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(7), pages 893-904.
- Bjørn Asheim & Ron A. Boschma & Philip Cooke, 2007. "Constructing regional advantage: Platform policies based on related variety and differentiated knowledge bases," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0709, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Nov 2007.
- Ulrich Witt, 2003. "Economic policy making in evolutionary perspective," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 77-94, 04.
- Cooke, Philip & Gomez Uranga, Mikel & Etxebarria, Goio, 1997. "Regional innovation systems: Institutional and organisational dimensions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4-5), pages 475-491, December.
- Maskell, Peter & Malmberg, Anders, 1999. "Localised Learning and Industrial Competitiveness," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(2), pages 167-85, March.
- Carlsson, Bo & Jacobsson, Staffan & Holmen, Magnus & Rickne, Annika, 2002. "Innovation systems: analytical and methodological issues," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 233-245, February.
- Kurt Dopfer & John Foster & Jason Potts, 2004. "Micro-meso-macro," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 263-279, 07.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2006.
"Path Dependence and Regional Economic Evolution,"
Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG)
0606, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Mar 2006.
- Baptista, Rui & Swann, Peter, 1998. "Do firms in clusters innovate more?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 525-540, September.
- Laranja, Manuel & Uyarra, Elvira & Flanagan, Kieron, 2008. "Policies for science, technology and innovation: Translating rationales into regional policies in a multi-level setting," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 823-835, June.
- Cristiano Antonelli, 2000. "Collective Knowledge Communication and Innovation: The Evidence of Technological Districts," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 535-547.
- François Moreau, 2004. "The role of the state in evolutionary economics," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(6), pages 847-874, November.
- Harald Bathelt & Andersand Malmberg & Peter Maskell, 2002. "Clusters and Knowledge Local Buzz, Global Pipelines and the Process of Knowledge Creation," DRUID Working Papers 02-12, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- David, Paul A, 1985. "Clio and the Economics of QWERTY," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 332-37, May.
- Oerlemans, L.A.G. & Meeus, M.T.H. & Boekema, F.W.M., 2001. "Firm clustering and innovation," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-87468, Tilburg University.
- Ron Boschma, 2005. "Proximity and Innovation: A Critical Assessment," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 61-74.
- Todtling, Franz & Trippl, Michaela, 2005. "One size fits all?: Towards a differentiated regional innovation policy approach," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1203-1219, October.
- Wohlgemuth, Michael, 2002. "Evolutionary Approaches to Politics," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(2), pages 223-46.
- Koen Frenken & Frank Van Oort & Thijs Verburg, 2007. "Related Variety, Unrelated Variety and Regional Economic Growth," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 685-697.
- Mytelka, Lynn K. & Smith, Keith, 2002. "Policy learning and innovation theory: an interactive and co-evolving process," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1467-1479, December.
- Jan G. Lambooy & Ron A. Boschma, 2001.
"Evolutionary economics and regional policy,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 113-131.
- Ron Boschma & Simona Iammarino, 2008. "Related variety, trade variety and regional growth in Italy," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0802, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Jan 2008.
- Jan Stejskal & Katerina Matatkova, 2011. "The Analysis Of The Regional Innovation Systems Â€“ Czech Case," ERSA conference papers ersa11p61, European Regional Science Association.
- Alberto Marzucchi, 2011. "Multi-level innovation policy in southern EU countries.An additionality evaluation of the Italian and Spanish public interventions," Openloc Working Papers 1110, Public policies and local development.
- Gust-Bardon, Natalia Irena, 2012. "The role of geographical proximity in innovation: Do regional and local levels really matter?," Working Papers "Firms and Region" R4/2012, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Hansen , Teis & Coenen , Lars, 2013. "The Geography of Sustainability Transitions: A Literature Review," CIRCLE Electronic Working Papers 2013/39, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Robert & Claudia Klaerding, 2012. "Theoretical advancement in economic geography by engaged pluralism," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1202, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Jan 2012.
- Alberto Marzucchi & Davide Antonioli & Sandro Montresor, 2012.
"Research cooperation within and across regional boundaries. Does innovation policy add anything?,"
JRC-IPTS Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation
2012-04, Institute of Prospective Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre.
- Alberto Marzucchi & Davide Antonioli & Sandro Montresor, 2012. "Research cooperation within and across regional boundaries. Does innovation policy add anything?," JRC-IPTS Working Papers JRC76320, Institute for Prospective and Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre, revised Nov 2012.
- Federico Frattini, 2011. "Mature Systems in Global Markets: The Need for an Institutional Division of Labour," Working Papers 201109, University of Ferrara, Department of Economics.
- Antonioli,Davide & Marzucchi,Alberto & Montresor,Sandro, 2012. "Regional innovation policy and innovative behaviours. A propensity score matching evaluation," INGENIO (CSIC-UPV) Working Paper Series 201205, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV).
- Asheim, Bjørn & M. Bugge, Markus & Coenen, Lars & Herstad, Sverre, 2013. "What Does Evolutionary Economic Geography Bring To The Policy Table? Reconceptualising regional innovation systems," CIRCLE Electronic Working Papers 2013/5, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Flanagan, Kieron & Uyarra, Elvira & Laranja, Manuel, 2010. "The ‘policy mix’ for innovation: rethinking innovation policy in a multi-level, multi-actor context," MPRA Paper 23567, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.