Characterization of Generalized Weak Orders and Revealed Preference
AbstractThis short paper provides an alternative framework to axiomatize various binary preference relations such as semiorder, weak semiorder etc. A set of simple axioms is presented in terms of revealed-preferred and revealed-inferior alternatives which makes the connection between various binary preference relations transparent; and every single axiom is necessary and sufficient for the existence of a binary preference relation of a specified type.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 3 (1993)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michele Lombardi, 2007.
"What Kind of Preference Maximization Does the Weak Axiom of Revealed Non-inferiority Characterize?,"
606, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Lombardi, Michele, 2010. "What kind of preference maximization does the weak axiom of revealed non-inferiority characterize?," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 323-325, May.
- Bandyopadhyay, Taradas & Sengupta, Kunal, 2003. "Intransitive indifference and rationalizability of choice functions on general domains," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 311-326, December.
- Eliaz, Kfir & Ok, Efe A., 2006. "Indifference or indecisiveness? Choice-theoretic foundations of incomplete preferences," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 61-86, July.
- Mandler, Michael, 2009. "Indifference and incompleteness distinguished by rational trade," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 300-314, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.