From sure to strong diversification
AbstractThis paper presents a characterization of weak risk aversion in terms of preference for sure diversification. Similarly, we show that strong risk aversion can be characterized by weakening preference for diversification, as introduced by Dekel , in what we name preference for strong diversification.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 32 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
Other versions of this item:
- Alain Chateauneuf & Ghizlane Lakhnati, 2005. "From sure to strong diversification," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b05035, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Alain Chateauneuf & Ghizlane Lakhnati, 2005. "From sure to strong diversification," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00194670, HAL.
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tallon, J.-M. & Chateauneuf, A., 1998.
"Diversification, Convex Preferences and Non-Empty Core,"
Papiers d'Economie MathÃÂ©matique et Applications
98.32, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Alain Chateauneuf & Jean-Marc Tallon, 2000. "Diversification, Convex Preferences and Non-Empty Core," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0751, Econometric Society.
- Quiggin, John, 1982. "A theory of anticipated utility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 323-343, December.
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Chateauneuf, Alain & Cohen, Michele, 1994. "Risk Seeking with Diminishing Marginal Utility in a Non-expected Utility Model," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 77-91, July.
- Dekel, Eddie, 1989. "Asset Demands without the Independence Axiom," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(1), pages 163-69, January.
- Abouda, Moez & Chateauneuf, Alain, 2002. "Characterization of symmetrical monotone risk aversion in the RDEU model," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 1-15, September.
- Hong Chew Soo & Hui Mao Mei, 1995. "A Schur Concave Characterization of Risk Aversion for Non-expected Utility Preferences," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 402-435, December.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.