AbstractDebreu's theorem on excess demand functions is used to demonstrate the possibilities of ergodic and topological chaos in a discrete-time tatonnement process with only two goods. The result is in sharp contrast with the well-known result of Arrow and Hurwicz on system stability in a continuous time model of price adjustment with two commodities.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 2 (1992)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tuinstra, Jan, 1997. "A price adjustment process with symmetry," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 297-303, December.
- Yijun He & William A. Barnett, 2004.
0409024, EconWPA, revised 13 Oct 2004.
- Yijun He & William Barnett, 2004. "Singularity Bifurcations," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 200412, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2004.
- Laan, G. van der & Talman, A.J.J., 2002.
"Dynamic Adjustment of Supply Constrained Disequilibria to Walrasian Equilibrium,"
2002-61, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Laan, G. van der & Talman, A.J.J., 2002. "Dynamic adjustment of supply constrained disequilibria to Walrasian equilibria," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-89455, Tilburg University.
- Herbert Gintis & Antoine Mandel, 2012.
"The Stability of Walrasian General Equilibrium,"
UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Herbert Gintis & Antoine Mandel, 2012. "The Stability of Walrasian General Equilibrium," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 12065, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Herbert Gintis & Antoine Mandel, 2012. "The Stability of Walrasian General Equilibrium," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 12065r, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne, revised Apr 2013.
- Eric Kemp-Benedict, 2011. "Second-Order, Dissipative T\^atonnement: Economic Interpretation and 2-Point Limit Cycles," Papers 1108.0188, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2011.
- Majumdar, Mukul, 2009. "Equilibrium and optimality: Some imprints of David Gale," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 607-626, July.
- William A. Barnett & Yijun He, 2002. "Bifurcations in Macroeconomic Models," Macroeconomics 0210006, EconWPA.
- Alfredo Garcia & Mingyi Hong & Jorge Barrera, 2012. "“Cap and Trade” for Congestion Control," Dynamic Games and Applications, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 280-293, September.
- Richards, Diana & Hays, Jude C., 1998. "Navigating a nonlinear environment: An experimental study of decision making in a chaotic setting," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 281-308, April.
- Bala, Venkatesh & Majumdar, Mukul & Mitra, Tapan, 1998. "A note on controlling a chaotic tatonnement," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 33(3-4), pages 411-420, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.